Unable to get access/download free lifetime map - tomtom GO 520 — TomTom Discussions

Unable to get access/download free lifetime map - tomtom GO 520

soulee2001
soulee2001 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
Hope someone would understand my issue and I can get a better help here ☹
I purchased a Tom-tom GO 520 and I cannot add additional map such as Asia and Middle East or else.
When I go to Add map, It only shows the available storage 63.75GB as I added an MicroSD card.

I contacted the customer care and they replied that they have seen I’m able to download additional map which is incorrect as I was only able to download a lighter version of EU map (Europe West) but cannot get anything else outside EU.

Fyi - my issue is same as for the user TC_Mobile_59 here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124431/how-to-activate-free-lifetime-map-updates

Appreciate if someone could guide me on what I did wrong, please.
Thanks

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Registered Users, Administrators Posts: 13,074
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @soulee2001

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,377
    Superuser
    Hi @soulee2001

Assuming you have a GO520 Wifi model look back later to see what @VikramK has to say after he has checked and changed if required your units settings on the TT servers so the extra maps become available.

Meanwhile Tomtom indicate that 32gb is the maximum size extra memory card recommended.

Doug
  • soulee2001
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @DougLap ,
    Sure, i'll wait for @VikramK.

Many Thanks.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,479
    Superuser
    soulee2001 wrote: »
    (Snip) I purchased a Tom-tom GO 520 and I cannot add additional map such as Asia and Middle East or else.
    When I go to Add map, It only shows the available storage 63.75GB as I added an MicroSD card (Snip)
    The Max size Micro SDHC Memory card Tomtom recommend is 32GB + The card MUST be formatted to FAT32...

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • soulee2001
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @YamFazMan , i take note on the Memory card size. i have inserted a 32GB FAT32 formatted card and the issue is still the same and in Add a map it shows 33.54GB.
    Hopefully @VikramK will be able to assist soon.

Thanks.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Registered Users, Administrators Posts: 13,074
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @soulee2001

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • soulee2001
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @VikramK ,

Awesome! thanks very much , i can see the maps to be downloaded now.
    i'll make a download this week-end.

Thank You!