Forum Upgrade- Please read.....

VikramK
VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,298
edited December 2021 in News and announcements
Date: 14th December 2021

Hello all,

We are upgrading our website theme to enhance the look and feel of our community. The deployment process will start at 09.00am CET, and it could take around 3-4 hours for the complete implementation and testing.

The website layout might look broken during this time, but that won’t affect the core functionality of the forum.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, we appreciate your patience!

Thank you,
The Community Team.

Comments

• TigerRider
    TigerRider Registered Users Posts: 177
    Exalted Navigator
    edited December 2021
    @VikramK

was drawn back here after a number of email prompts for a thread I started way back. First off was buried by your new "How would you rate our support?" Storm which made using this site almost impossible.

I logged out and then back in hoping to flush and catch up but then got buried under another load of nonsense so after a massive struggle finally found this thread.

Sorry mate, I'm really not a fan of this new look. Nice try but NO!

Can we have the old look back please.

Edit: Would have been a good idea to run this new look along side the old look and seek feedback before going live.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,298
    edited December 2021
    First off was buried by your new "How would you rate our support?" Storm which made using this site almost impossible.

We spotted the behaviour soon after the release and our team has fixed it already.

Sorry mate, I'm really not a fan of this new look. Nice try but NO!

Can we have the old look back please.

Sorry, we won't be able to roll back to the old look, a lot of effort and time has been invested in bringing up the new design. We will continue to monitor the feedback and improve on it.

Would have been a good idea to run this new look along side the old look and seek feedback before going live.

We already tested the new design on our beta site and gathered feedback from our superusers. As mentioned earlier, we look forward to your feedback and work on it actively.

From here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1791513/#Comment_1791513
    I have not tried the mark all threads option I was complaining about a while back. It was feedback from others on this that got me here today.

'Mark all viewed' function is not available in the new theme. We have raised this as a feature request with our service provider.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • TigerRider
    TigerRider Registered Users Posts: 177
    Exalted Navigator
    @VikramK

Thanx for the reply but this site it now very broken for me. Would question testing it out with superusers only. I'm guessing a lot of them are now still in therapy which is where I'm going to get to next.

There is too many of those useful little features that existed on the old design that are either now hidden, obscured or missing.

Nil points.
  • Elton
    Elton AmmanfordRegistered Users Posts: 60
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Still getting the 'How do you rate our support' crap.

Plus I have to add how I do not like the new format.
    Sure you cannot please all the people all the time, but now I cannot find any useful threads specifically for the Go Discover :(

Disappointed.
  • tgold
    tgold Registered Users Posts: 2,192
    Revered Voyager
    edited December 2021
    The forum has unquestionably changed but whether it is an upgrade or vandalism is a matter or opinion. And I haven't yet even figured out how it works.

How do I go the the first unread message in an old and partially read thread?

How do I do a catch-up and mark all threads in a forum read?
  • John-Jay
    John-Jay Registered Users Posts: 749
    Revered Pioneer
    VikramK wrote: »
    Date: 14th December 2021

Hello all,

We are upgrading our website theme to enhance the look and feel of our community. The deployment process will start at 09.00am CET, and it could take around 3-4 hours for the complete implementation and testing.

It will be good to see the "enhanced the look and feel of our community", once you finally implement it, because this Temporary Site is diabolically Dated & Old-Fashioned (& clearly distinctly NON-User-Friendly)!!

• John-Jay
    John-Jay Registered Users Posts: 749
    Revered Pioneer
    @VikramK ,

Just to add, I've ALREADY lost count of the Number of Repeated times that I've been asked to confirm my "Cookie-Preferences" -clearly a FAULT in the Coding!
  • tonygr
    tonygr Registered Users Posts: 94
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Other than scrolling to the top of the page or using the browser page back button there seems to be no way of returning to the index pages. The old layout at least had a top of page button hovering in the bottom corner