Western Europe map — TomTom Discussions

Western Europe map

ade80160
ade80160 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Map quality
Hey guys, I need to travel from England to Germany; I've got the Western Europe map installed on my TomTom, but whenever I try to choose the destination (anywhere but the UK), it won't offer me any options. E.g. if I try to type in 'Berlin', or any postcode from the area the device won't locate the destination.
Does anybody know how to fix the issue?

I also would like to add that my device is 'Start 25' and I have the latest version of the map, so I don't think it has anything to do with updates.

Best Answer

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,480
    Superuser
    edited December 2021 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @ade80160
    Welcome to the site....
    Trip From the UK to Germany....
    The Start 25 is a NAV3 device, the Europe Map is a single download file but on the device it is displayed a list of individual countries....
    On the screen where you enter your city/postcode
    Screen top right is a Flag Icon... Tap the Flag Icon (Should be your countries flag) For example... The UK Union flag....

If you plan a trip to another Country, you will have to change the Map to suit....
    For example, a trip from UK to Germany.... Tap on the Union Flag Icon and type Ger or as much of the countries name, i.e... Germany to put the German map Icon at the top of the flag list
    Tap the German Flag Icon... The Flag (Screen top right) will now be the German Flag
    Now you can enter your German Address and plan your Journey....
    The German map will now be the default Map

Each time you plan a trip to another Country, you will have to change the Map as above to suit
    Don't forget to switch back to your own Countries Map on your return

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• YamFazMan
    Superuser
    edited December 2021 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @ade80160
    Welcome to the site....
    Trip From the UK to Germany....
    The Start 25 is a NAV3 device, the Europe Map is a single download file but on the device it is displayed a list of individual countries....
    On the screen where you enter your city/postcode
    Screen top right is a Flag Icon... Tap the Flag Icon (Should be your countries flag) For example... The UK Union flag....

If you plan a trip to another Country, you will have to change the Map to suit....
    For example, a trip from UK to Germany.... Tap on the Union Flag Icon and type Ger or as much of the countries name, i.e... Germany to put the German map Icon at the top of the flag list
    Tap the German Flag Icon... The Flag (Screen top right) will now be the German Flag
    Now you can enter your German Address and plan your Journey....
    The German map will now be the default Map

Each time you plan a trip to another Country, you will have to change the Map as above to suit
    Don't forget to switch back to your own Countries Map on your return

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ade80160
    ade80160 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi YFM,

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it!

All is good now.

ade80160
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    Hi
    @ade80160
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM