Road closures not detected on the GO PROFESSIONAL TRUCK

LostCapa
LostCapa Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Last night my Tom Tom 6250 Go Professional Truck nav failed to provide info that:
- the A14 East was closed J13-20
- The M11 J6/M25 Junction was closed towards Dartford
- The A12/M25 Junction was closed towards Dartford
- The west tunnel junction was closed from Erith A206 requiring diverting away from Dartford and going around and coming back.

ONE NIGHT.

Originally it used to be great but now it's sucking. Any ideas please? It also often misses the A45/A6 roadworks.

I have traffic subscription (lifetime) and it's got an inbuilt Wifi. But it doesn't seem to matter whether I use that or my phone as a mobile hotspot.

This is getting so frustrating, I might as well have stayed with my previous truck nav which was MUCH better on junction layouts.

Thanks in advance.

(It's updated)

EDIT:
This is the model:
TomTom Truck Sat Nav GO Professional 6250 with European Maps and Traffic Services (Via SIM), Updates via WI-FI, Designed for Truck, Coach, Bus and Large Vehicles, Black

So inbuilt SIM for traffic etc.
Looking at the settings, it does say that the traffic sub is active. Well the device does but the website doesn't.

Comments

• LostCapa
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited December 2021
    Last I checked the M11 nor the A12 is attached to the Dartford Crossing.

This isn't a southern issue either, it didn't pick up the A1 North closed around Grantham last night either. So there seems to be an issue with my Truck Nav for which I still require assistance.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,426
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi @LostCapa

There have been some comments about issues on the Truck unit by others. As far as I am aware this has been taken up at TT and I anticipate your indications will have been added to the list. Hopefully these will be sorted as certainly I know that earlier observations re the Dartford Tunnel were resolved but now problems have arisen again there and elsewhere.

Doug
  • LostCapa
    Apprentice Seeker
    Could it be related to the Traffic service? It shows as activated on the device but not when I log in on the computer with MyDrive?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,426
    Superuser
    Hi @LostCapa

No they are map data issues.

Doug
  • Snotrod2
    Snotrod2 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I've had the same problem for the last two nights.
    Same location
    I rely upon my 6250 as you can't rely on matrix signs.
    With a 16' high trailer and so many road closures at night I need to plan my diversions well ahead
    Not all road closures are showing on my drive.
    The device was updated at the weekend.
    Am I doing something wrong or have I paid nearly
    £ 400 for a pretty unreliable device.