Can't Update or change maps - Tomtom Via 135 — TomTom Discussions

Can't Update or change maps - Tomtom Via 135

BVJ
BVJ Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
Any advice on how to change or update my map on Tomtom Via 135. I have USA, Canada, and Mexico Lifetime Services. Whenever I select a new map it tries to update on my Mac but then I receive a message on my Tomtom screen the "something has gone wrong". Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Registered Users, Administrators Posts: 13,088
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @BVJ
    Welcome to the community!
    I have activated a different map for your Via 135, this version should get offered to you in smaller map regions/countries.
    The error is probably due to low memory space, your device supports memory expansion using a micro-SDHC card for installing larger maps.

Regards,
    Vikram

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Registered Users, Administrators Posts: 13,088
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @BVJ
    Welcome to the community!
    I have activated a different map for your Via 135, this version should get offered to you in smaller map regions/countries.
    The error is probably due to low memory space, your device supports memory expansion using a micro-SDHC card for installing larger maps.

Regards,
    Vikram

• BVJ
    New Seeker
    Great. Thank you. So how do I load the maps that you added? Do I have to uninstall what I currently have and then install the new ones? I wasn’t able to confirm the uninstall of anything when I tried yesterday. Can I do this without purchasing a memory card?
  • BVJ
    New Seeker
    Tried to update and now my TomTom says "No maps found" on the screen. Help!
  • BVJ
    New Seeker
    OK. Finally worked. All good. Thanks for your help Vikram!