groovygecko
groovygecko Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
not switched on for 3 years. All was well before. Using MyConnect

Answers

• groovygecko
    Apprentice Seeker
    the device is in the app from my account. Also tried the original USB cable and a number of others. They all work with other devices. The device itself tries to load up - there is a white bar that goes about 25 % of the screen and then stops ...
  • groovygecko
    Apprentice Seeker
    Serial Number - QR1254Fxxxxxxx
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,308
    Revered Voyager
    Not lit for 3 years your battery may be dead trying to charge your device on a mains charger for 2 hours.
  • groovygecko
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks W. Will try... Surely it should still be recognised on the MyDrive App as it switches on. Does it need to initialise before its recognised? It doesnt show up in Device Manager either...
  • groovygecko
    Apprentice Seeker
    So - charged overnight and its the same behaviour. Unit switches on, the chime is heard and then white bar progresses to about 15-20% of the screen at the bottom. Then it goes to sleep for an instant and then the TomTom logo is displayed. My Connect will not see it on (2 of 2 ) laptops. The cable is functional. What's the next step please?
  • groovygecko
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited December 2021
    So replaced the battery, charged and same result. I am really regretting buying this TT500. How Is it possible that the device can work fine and then when you turn on it it doesn’t work at all? Have TomTom Built-in some sort of obsolescence with if you don’t use the device after a certain period of time - it stops working? So sit-rep :- device boots with a startup noise into a 20% white progress bar on the bottom. Then it stops and the screen stays the same for 10 Dec and the moves to the default TT logo and just sits there… can’t connect using the app…anyone wanna take a guest please? How do I speak to an actual TT person or is the device now too old for them to care about me?
  • groovygecko
    Apprentice Seeker
    So new battery… the Go 500 device boots with a startup noise and animated 20% white progress bar on the bottom. Then it stops and the screen stays the same for 10 seconds and then moves to the default TT logo and just sits there… can’t connect using the app…anyone wanna take a guess please?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    Hi
    @groovygecko
    Welcome to the site....
    Do you have a Micro SDHC Memory card installed ??? If yes... Try removing the Memory Card then execute a 'Soft Reset' to refresh the Operating system....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM