tomtom 6250 PROFFESIONAL device working slow

ArturDZIK
ArturDZIK Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello. I have 6250 proffesional. FROM 03/12/2021, FROM THE AFTERNOON, I FOUND THAT THE DEVICE WILL SLOW. The thing is, it can't see GPS. \ The map stands still. When I drive a section of the road, it will turn on for a while and work for some time. After a while the map stands still again. It does not show the way, there are no messages. ANY RESETS WILL NOT HELP. BUTTON RESET AND FROM THE SYSTEM NOTHING HELPS. I am asking for a hint and technical support. Does anyone know about such situations? please help. I use the urge at work.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Polish)

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,144
     Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @ArturDZIK
    Welcome to the site....
    Some users find logging out of MyDrive in the Setting menu on the device is beneficial....
    I have multiple Tomtom devices, so I have always logged out of MyDrive in the Setting menu on the devices by default (So I can't comment if it's beneficial or not) ???
    Logging out of MyDrive fix for Multiple device using one Account
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1725859/#Comment_1725859

I also find the Wi-Fi devices are more stable and more responsive in general use when I 'Forget' the Wi-Fi connection....
    Unless you're using a personal My-Fi Hotspot in the car for your data connection, the only other reason for a live Wi-Fi connection is for updating the device....
    I always turn off (Forget) Wi-Fi by default and only login for updates....
    It's no big deal for updates, you only have to enter your Wi-Fi password...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1763247/#Comment_1763247

I guess the fewer Data Connections in use on the device, at any one time, the less load on system resources ???

Stay safe... ATB YFM