my premium X GPRS will not connect — TomTom Discussions

my premium X GPRS will not connect

ScottysNAV
ScottysNAV Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
I've factory reset the unit, the subscription services work via WIFI but will not connect via the GPRS service

b06a91u1un29.jpg

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,377
    Superuser
    Hi @ScottysNAV

As your unit is displaying Traffic data is you unit connected to your Wifi when the above pictures were taken. If so be aware when you are connected to Wifi that turns the inbuilt Sim Off. To check see if the situation is the same when out of range of the Wifi having given the unit a little time to connect to the mobile system..

Doug
  • ScottysNAV
    New Seeker
    Hi Doug, thanks for the response, With the WIFI switched off or not in range, the unit will not connect via the GPRS, I use the SAT infrequently but noticed the issue after sitting on the M25 last night for >3 hours
    A couple of weeks ago I did an update. I have the TOMTOM APP also on the phone and I notice on the Phone Mydrive APP it states there is a connection issue with the Premium X.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,377
    Superuser
    Hi @ScottysNAV

Does this help

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034281/what-can-i-do-if-my-traffic-services-are-not-working/p1?new=1

If the above does to help then I would suggest that you contact Customer Support during normal working hours on Monday via Chat, not the Chatbot.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat which would be recommended for you.
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

There is one other possibility and that is some users have had issues with the Mobile Sim in the unit having corrosion problems on the contacts. which if the above options do not resolve the problem you could look at. If your unit is out of warrantee and you feel happy to try then the Sim is located under the Serial number label on the bottom. Carefully remove the label and with some fine tweezers remove the Sim. Carefully clean the contacts and push the sim in and out to help clean the inner contacts. Once finished replace the label.

Doug
  • ScottysNAV
    New Seeker
    Hi Doug,

Thanks again for your quick reply, I've reset the unit again, after watching the video a few times, i initially missed the part of the additional power reset before selecting the language, once this was performed the GPRS MCC/MNC, IMEI & SIM ID settings are now available, but when I try to log into the Unit's MyDrive and enter my account details I get the error message 'Oops We are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later, This message is the same regardless if the Unit is 'Stand alone' connected via WIFI or USB to the PC 😢 I will try again tomorrow oo0lfjxk480l.jpg
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,479
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @ScottysNAV
    Is your GO Premium connected to your PC over USB + MyDrive Connect running in the background ???
    If 'Yes' The USB Connection will take priority over the Wi-Fi Connection and give the error message "Oops, we are having trouble accessing Tomtom services"
    I find that for the initial Registration and Configuration of the Wi-Fi connected devices, the device, needs to be connected over Wi-Fi....

You will need to power the GO Premium when updating over Wi-Fi....
    Try tuning off MyDrive Connect... 'Right Click 'on the MyDrive Connect Icon on the PC Taskbar and Click 'Quit' MyDrive Connect....

Or If possible, use something like a Mains powered USB charger e.g... iPhone/iPad Charger + Tomtom USB lead to power the GO Premium while updating over Wi-Fi....

Tomtom FAQ... Error: Oops, there's a problem with connecting to TomTom Services
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013958719-Error-Oops-there-s-a-problem-with-connecting-to-TomTom-Services

Stay Safe... ATB YFM