Speed cameras suddenly stopped working while driving.

lioness
lioness Registered Users Posts: 17
Master Explorer
edited December 2021 in MyDrive Connect
Just driven into Plymouth, cameras were working all the time. Then on the way back, whilst driving in an area where I know there are cameras, they just didn't warn me. Then another camera that I know, that didn't show either. I have the yearly subscription. Is that just a glitch. I have just done an update, but can't check as there are no cameras in my home area. I have checked the settings. Everything is on. It's a START 25
BQxxxxxxxx54

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,342
    Hi @gobsheen
    Welcome to the community!
    Could you try reinstalling the speed cameras using MyDrive Connect?

Steps as below-

Remove speed cameras - https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900380

Disconnect the device and perform a soft reset-

Install/update speed cameras-
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959559

Disconnect the device and perform another soft reset.

Test the device on a planned route.

Thanks, Vikram
  • lioness
    Master Explorer
    Vikram, thanks. I have done that. Will try it out tomorrow when I got past a camera. No way of trying it here. What would make that happen? Just a software gllitch?
  • lioness
    Master Explorer
    Another question. I did a factory reset before I reinstalled the cameras and now the TomTom shuts itself down when I disconnect from the Laptop. It didn't do that before. Interesting. I also had yet another camera update today.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,626
    Elite Voyager
    Look in the battery saving parameter checked, even disconnect the GPS remains on.
  • lioness
    Master Explorer
    Sorry I don't understand that comment?
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Watch at parameter then battery saving
  • lioness
    Master Explorer
    I still don't understand that at all.
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    parameter then search for this icon on your GPS i4w8xds1cllh.jpg
  • lioness
    Master Explorer
    Just back from my journey. Cameras working again. thank you so much. Also, after the Reset, the TomTom seems to be working better.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,057
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi @lioness

Glad you are sorted. In future you can check if the Cameras are working without having to wait until you are on a journey.

Remember where there is a Cameras then Press the units screen for a second or so until a marker appears on the road some 300yds from the Cameras. A small menu will appear with the Marker and you should select Use as a Start Point. Then do as similar thing some 300yds after the camera and when the marker appears select Drive. You can now finish up with a planned route past the Camera. Now Tap Menu/Tap Current Route then select Preview Route. The unit goes into demo mode showing you what will happen if you were in the car driving the Route. You should see that the Cameras is there during this Preview.

Doug