Watch starts a new workout by itself and does not allow me to exit.

luqies
luqies Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
The watch starts a workout by itself which I am not able to stop until it runs the battery out. When I toggle the keypad it just goes through the different screens during a workout but I can't go to the exit screen.

this issue started after I went for a swim. So I am not sure if this could be the reason for this erratic behaviour.

Anyone know whats going on? Yes, its a old watch but I am only getting my Apple Watch in 2 weeks so I have to make this work till then

Best Answer

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,977
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    It sounds like either the button failed, or the seal failed and water got into it and fried it. You can google where some people have pried out the button and were able to make it more responsive, but I think it is likely a dead watch. Start with a factory reset and see if that helps and make sure it is dried out (you can out it in rice to draw out any moisture). Other than that there is not much to be done.

Answers

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,977
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    It sounds like either the button failed, or the seal failed and water got into it and fried it. You can google where some people have pried out the button and were able to make it more responsive, but I think it is likely a dead watch. Start with a factory reset and see if that helps and make sure it is dried out (you can out it in rice to draw out any moisture). Other than that there is not much to be done.
  • luqies
    luqies Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    i think the seal failed.