Smokey Mountain 500 gpx works in MYDRIVE, shows no route possible on the rider. Do I need to update

ndaraban
ndaraban Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
Smokey Mountain 500 gpx works in MYDRIVE, shows no route possible on the rider. Do I need to update maps on the Rider? I believe the gpx maps shows off road routes through the mountains.
Tagged:

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    Exalted Pioneer
    do you have the full map installed
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,133
     Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @ndaraban
    Welcome to the site....
    Is the Smokey Mountain 500 .GPX Track, a route with seasonal restricted access ??? i.e... 'Closed over winter' ??? If 'Yes' You need to set the date you intend to ride the route in the MyDrive Web Route planner when you plan the route....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ndaraban
    New Seeker
    Thanks for responding. Yes, it open year round
  • ndaraban
    New Seeker
    Yes, I installed the latest version of US-Canada-Mexico
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,133
     Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @ndaraban
    Just looked at the Smokey Mountain 500 .GPX Track....
    The Tomtom devices are not really designed for off-road use....
    If a road/lane/track is not displayed on the Tomtom maps, it will usually only guide to the nearest road access point....

Example inputting coordinates using GPS format, for example, If you enter N 52 23.488 W 2 12.501 it's a field in Worcestershire UK
    In the text, the New GO range will display the coordinate location and underneath, offer the nearest road location as a destination, in this case, an (Unnamed location) Hurcott UK

021fa32a-9e95-483a-a598-114e5cae63e8.jpg

(1)... Tapping the Pennant Icon opens the "(Unnamed location) Hurcott UK" Tap the blue "Drive Steering Wheel" icon to drive there
    Or
    Tap the 3Dot Quick menu for more options....
    (2)... Tapping the Globe coordinate Icon only zooms the map into the Globe Icon (Tapping the Globe Icon on the Map does nothing)... Pinch zoom the map down until the Pennant Icon is in view....

If you Tap the dual function Icon (3 Lines & 2 Circles)....

2ytgzd26585n.jpg
    You can toggle between a Map and List view or tap the Keyboard Icon to return to the Coordinates' menu screen
    If you pinch-zoom the map screen, it will show the coordinate location on the Map
    The GO will give you the coordinate location and will show it on the map....
    But can only plan a route to the nearest road access point

See... User @RoadRider excellent and useful Apps....
    Here... TomTom Rider Projects... https://roadrider.jouwweb.nl/

Stay Safe... ATB YFM