How to route to a My Place or Favorite?

SantaFeTom
SantaFeTom Registered Users Posts: 34
Renowned Wayfarer
Continuing the Go learning curve......

I am trying to create a route to one of my places which was added in MyDrive and synched to Go. When I select the place from My Places in Go, all it does is show me the place on the map with no option to drive there. When I perform a search and select the place from my favorites, it is the same. I did not put it in my favorites, it seems that my places are automatically put there. If I select a recent destination, then I can drive there. How do I create a route to one of my places added via mydrive?

Best Answer

• SantaFeTom
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Answer ✓
    It started working. I exited the app and restarted it and then it worked. A contributing factor might be that the place was not in a state for which I had a map when I first started Go. I loaded the map and then the place showed on the new map, but I couldn't create a route to it. Maybe part of the app did not know it had the map and a Go restart got everything working together. Just guessing.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,523
    Elite Voyager
    After selecting your location you do not have a new window that opens to drive

wewjvujyl6t8.png
  • SantaFeTom
    Renowned Wayfarer
    No. I get that window when selecting a previous destination but not when I select a place from my places. The following is what I get when I select a place.
    cyiywg1btqhw.jpg

• SantaFeTom
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Answer ✓
    It started working. I exited the app and restarted it and then it worked. A contributing factor might be that the place was not in a state for which I had a map when I first started Go. I loaded the map and then the place showed on the new map, but I couldn't create a route to it. Maybe part of the app did not know it had the map and a Go restart got everything working together. Just guessing.