GPRS Status Disconnected — TomTom Discussions

GPRS Status Disconnected

tomtomlarry1
tomtomlarry1 Registered Users Posts: 2
Novice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi.Whilst driving home last night from Devon at 1am I had 3 seperate diversions,none of which was detected by my GO 5200.I have checked literally everything & done a normal reset.In the menu I have looked in the System, About section which says Traffic Activated,Speed Camera Updates Activated BUT GPRS Status says Disconnected!!!.Can anyone advise please as my journey home this morning took an added 45 mins!!!.If it is of any use it says GPRS 16.01.202.This came with supposed Lifetime Traffic & Speed camera updates.My device says it is up to date.Thank you.

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,377
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @tomtomlarry1

If your unit is within range of your Wifi and so connected too it it will disconnect the GPRS. Does it still show disconnected when you are out of range of the Wifi.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,377
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @tomtomlarry1

If your unit is within range of your Wifi and so connected too it it will disconnect the GPRS. Does it still show disconnected when you are out of range of the Wifi.

Doug
  • tomtomlarry1
    tomtomlarry1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Novice Seeker
    Hi Doug.Thank you for replying.I did actually get to do a Live Chat with tom tom a couple of days ago.They got me to do a reset then a soft reset.Without connecting to wifi after the reset my device GPRS is showing as Connected.I have not used since but will be using over the weekend so hopefully will pick up any diversions/closed roads etc.Best wishes.

Larry.