My Go Supreme will not turn on.

John_Heath
John_Heath Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Put my Go Supreme on charger this afternoon as I had not used it for awhile and need it tomorrow for a trip. Came on, but then went off. Has been on charge all afternoon, but will not turn on. Appears to be dead. Where to from here?

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,141
     Superuser
    Hi
    @John_Heath
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the device's Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Note... A PC USB Port only outputs 500 mA
    Charge the device for at least 3Hrs… (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound, then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade, large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

ATB YFM
  • John_Heath
    New Seeker
    I had it connected to a mobile phone charger but it didn't seem to be charging. I have tried again tonight, and finally got it to show a screen telling me to connect to the computer. It has now done a heap of updates and seems to be finally working again. Hopefully all will be well for my trip tomorrow morning.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,039
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi @John_Heath

Glad you seem to be okay again. The risk is that if the unit has not been used for some time and so the battery has been flat for a while the battery may have been damaged. Allowing th battery to suffer an extended period of being flat is a major issue for them. I would leave it on charge until you are going to use it in the meantime you could try turning it on and see if it manages to remain working for a few minutes just to check..

Doug
  • John_Heath
    New Seeker
    Thank you. The TomTom worked fine today for my trip, so it seems that I have fixed it.

Longer term, my problem is that I do nto drive a lot where I need to use the TomTom, so it doesn't get a lot of use. I would not want to leave it connected to a charger all the time. I may have to try and remember just to charge it every few days when it is not being used.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,039
    Superuser
    Hi @John_Heath

Put a repeating reminder on your smartphone. Make sure you don’t leave it in sleep mode as that will drain it slightly quicker.

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,141
     Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @John_Heath
    For longer storage...
    With the device turned on... Press & hold the power button until the Power Menu is displayed... Select 'Turn Off'... But as Doug says, you will still have to monitor the battery charge state during any long term storage...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM