TomTom Go 620 unable to download world map regions — TomTom Discussions

TomTom Go 620 unable to download world map regions

StuartP
StuartP Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have just purchased a tomtom go 620 with world life time maps but unable to access them even though I have also purchased a micro SD card for additional memory. Can you please point me in the right direction many thanks

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,479
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @StuartP
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, and people working from home, have delayed the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,377
    Superuser
    Hi @StuartP

Tomtom's stated maximum SD card is 32gb and so I would recommend that or a 16gb. When you inserted your card into the unit did you Format it on the GO620 for Maps. If you have done the aforementioned then as @YamFazMan says wait for one of the Mods to review your units settings on the TT servers and advise you.

Doug
  • StuartP
    New Seeker
    Thank you Doug, it is a 32gb card and shows up OK on the unit, when I purchased the TomTom it was advertised as life time world maps which is also stated on the packaging.

When I go into add a map all it shows is Europe? Hope you can help, many thanks
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,724
    Revered Voyager
    @StuartP

Come back tomorrow the moderator @VikramK will look at your account and assign you the cards.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Registered Users, Administrators Posts: 13,074
    Hi @StuartP

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and try adding new maps.

Regards, Vikram
  • StuartP
    New Seeker
    Thank you