Why aren't my routes in the Go app?

SantaFeTom
SantaFeTom Registered Users Posts: 34
Renowned Wayfarer
I am experimenting with using the Go App and AndroidAuto, instead of my Go 620. I installed the Go app and discovered my routes do not appear in the app. All routes and places show in the My Drive app and browser. Only places appear in Go app. I verified both are using the correct account by creating a new place in My Drive. It showed up in the Go app. I know the difference between routes and tracks, so I do not want to turn on the My Drive "synch my route as a track to my devices". I just want to see my routes saved in My Drive when using the Go app.

Best Answer

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,063
    Answer ✓
    Hi @SantaFeTom

For now, you can only sync the saved routes on MyDrive as Tracks to the app. If you sync the route with waypoints from MyDrive using the option 'sync this route as a track to my devices', waypoint won't be depicted in the app.

The route will be properly synced, I mean its shape, but waypoints won't be there in the app. A known limitation that is already being worked upon. You can add the stops manually once the route is displayed on App by long pressing on map> add stops.

Best, lampard

Answers

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,063
    Answer ✓
    Hi @SantaFeTom

For now, you can only sync the saved routes on MyDrive as Tracks to the app. If you sync the route with waypoints from MyDrive using the option 'sync this route as a track to my devices', waypoint won't be depicted in the app.

The route will be properly synced, I mean its shape, but waypoints won't be there in the app. A known limitation that is already being worked upon. You can add the stops manually once the route is displayed on App by long pressing on map> add stops.

Best, lampard
  • SantaFeTom
    SantaFeTom Registered Users Posts: 34
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Lampard, thanks for the clarification. My only use for the waypoints is to control the shape of the route. The shape would get to the app as a track but then the app would not consider rood or traffic conditions while following the track. I could just use the cars GPS but controlling the shape of the route there is a real PITA. That is the beauty of MyDrive and why I prefer the Go 620 over the car GPS. If there is a better way to control the shape of a route besides waypoints, I would love to know about it.

I was hoping the app with Android Auto could take advantage of the larger screen in the car with the full functionality of the 620 and MyDrive. I do not know if TomTom has considered it but rather than using waypoints to control the shape of a route, an alternative would be to create a "dynamic track" option which would adjust to traffic and road conditions while following a track.