Question about RDS-TMC

pgurwitz
pgurwitz Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
I have a Via 1525tm, which shows on MyDrive Connect as a Start 52, despite showing a US location. I've noticed that RDS-TMC rarely shows traffic info, even when there's a problem. Since one can only use RDS-TMC in the region the unit was purchased, could it be thinking my device is supposed to be in the UK? If so, is there any way to fix it?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    I think buying a new Tomtom Tmc Rds Receiver in the country where you want to use it should work.
  • pgurwitz
    pgurwitz Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    I thought I had. Is there any way for TomTom to change the designation to US?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @pgurwitz

You could contact Customer Support and see what region that your unit is linked too and maybe change if necessary.

There are no phone lines forCiustomer Support so:-

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    The GPS is not in question it is the receiver which must be modified so I do not think that Tomtom can modify the receiver module.
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
     Superuser
    I think the rds-tmc unit can be used in any country offering that service. I'm in Canada but many years ago took my Tomtom GPS and rds-tmc receiver to Italy and got traffic information there.

LIVE traffic is different; indeed, traffic information will only be available in the region the device was purchased. It is a limitation of the included SIM card, not the device as such.