Additional storage space in use after map update — TomTom Discussions

Additional storage space in use after map update

Hakitaki
Hakitaki Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
Hi, when updating the maps of whole Europe, more space is used on my phone.
When whole Europe is installed for the first time, the app takes up 17.1gb. After updating the maps, the app uses 19.1gb of space. This is on a pixel 6 running the latest Android patch of November.

I also have the app on a galaxy S9 with last update, but when updating the maps on that phone the storage space remains the same.

I update the maps by hitting the update all button so they get updated in one go.

Also, on my pixel I get the map not found error for Finland, this does not happen on my Samsung S9.

Can these things be looked into? It's annoying to have to delete the app and install all maps anew in order for it to use the appropriate amount of space.

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,739
    Hi @Hakitaki

Thanks for reporting this! Let me check with my team and get back to you.

Best, lampard
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,739
    Hi @Hakitaki
    When whole Europe is installed for the first time, the app takes up 17.1gb. After updating the maps, the app uses 19.1gb of space.
    Taking up more space after updating is a known issue, and we have an internal ticket raised for it.
    Also, on my pixel I get the map not found error for Finland, this does not happen on my Samsung S9.
    Finland availability was probably just a temporary glitch on the server-side. It is available and you should try again after restarting the app to download Finland.

We will try to reproduce the difference between the map sizes on Pixel with the latest android and Samsung.

Best, lampard
  • Hakitaki
    Hakitaki Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Hakitaki
    When whole Europe is installed for the first time, the app takes up 17.1gb. After updating the maps, the app uses 19.1gb of space.
    Taking up more space after updating is a known issue, and we have an internal ticket raised for it.
    Finland availability was probably just a temporary glitch on the server-side. It is available and you should try again after restarting the app to download Finland.

We will try to reproduce the difference between the map sizes on Pixel with the latest android and Samsung.

Best, lampard

Hi Lampard, thank you for your response! Nice to hear you have a ticket raised for the problem, meaning it is on the to do list.

If you require more input from my side then please let me know.