Device not visible in My Drive Connect Go discover — TomTom Discussions

Device not visible in My Drive Connect Go discover

bbgeneva
bbgeneva Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in MyDrive Connect
I have a new Go Discover 7". S/N: ZWxxxxxxxxx78. I downloaded the My Drive Connect to my MAC desktop computer. I am running the latest Safari version 12.0.1. I updated the USA maps fully on the device. I want to add the European maps but they are not listed on the device as an addition and when I open My Drive Connect, my device is not shown on the opening screen. It is shown on my network in system preferences. The opening screen I see in My Drive Connect says "Update the device the easy way".

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,758
    Revered Voyager
    Hi
    Go Discover is not compatible with the MyDrive connect app.

Updates are via wi-fi
  • bbgeneva
    New Seeker
    Then how do I add the European maps to my device. When I go on the device to settings > updates/add maps, I don't see how to add Europe. The device only says that my USA maps are up to date.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,383
    Superuser
    Hi @bbgeneva

Look back here tomorrow to see what @lampard or @VikramK have to say. It is likely that your unit has not set itself up completely on the TT servers but they are able to sort that

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Registered Users, Administrators Posts: 13,088
    Hi @bbgeneva
    Welcome to the community!

If the device is connected to a computer via USB cable, then please disconnect it.

The device should be connected to a WiFi internet connection. GO TO >

Main menu- Settings - Maps and Display - Download maps - Tap on 'Add' button highlighted in blue (right bottom corner)

Regards, Vikram

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,480
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @bbgeneva
    Welcome to the site....
    GO Discover User guide... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360019383040-GO-Discover-User-Manual
    Note... The PDF version of the User guide is an easier read....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • bbgeneva
    New Seeker
    Thanks, resolved.