Update for EV Charging Station POI's tomtom

Lezlike
Lezlike Registered Users Posts: 37
Master Explorer
edited December 2021 in TomTom Services
I accidentally deleted the electric charging station database and MyDrive Connect does not offer to reinstall! How do I reinstall my GO 5000?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,523
    Elite Voyager
    I think that the next update Mydrive connect should offer you the update again.
  • Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    It recommended an update, but I didn't have enough memory, so I checked the box and cleared it. Now it does not specify an upgrade / since it is not installed / no installation option. So I'm waiting for the next update? If there is not enough space in the memory, can't that be the reason?
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    There is enough internal memory (400 MB) to install the charging stations; there is a part of memory which remains free to install them.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,141
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Lezlike
    You haven't said which Tomtom Model/Device you own ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    Tomtom GO 5000
  • Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    I've tried again, MyDrive doesn't allow you to reinstall. On the MyTomtom page, I see Charging Station install Version: v29 under INSTALLED ON YOUR DEVICE, but I can't install it.
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    It does not seem to me that it is possible to remove the charging stations on the device, we can only deactivate them.

Press (Menu) -> Settings -> Appearance -> Show POI lists on the map
    Scroll to 'charging station' and select View.
  • Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    Unfortunately, you can, because MyDrive Content has a green bar at the top left, it recommends that you free up storage space, click on it, then post the content on the device / map, sound, speed camera and electric charger / check it in and delete it. I did, but I don't know where to relocate ...
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,039
    Superuser
    Hi @Lezlike

Look back here tomorrow to see if @VikramK can add the item back onto your account so you can download it.

Doug
  • Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    All right, again tomorrow! In the meantime, thank you!
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,298
    Hi @Lezlike
    Could you do a soft reset and check for update now?

- Vikram
  • Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    Thanks to everyone, I managed to reinstall, but only by copying some of the maps to the sd card! It's in progress now. Thanks again!