I ordered world wide maps item 412810363 but have had item 8526912099 EU delivered . — TomTom Discussions

I ordered world wide maps item 412810363 but have had item 8526912099 EU delivered .

Coombes
Coombes Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Map purchase & installation
Does item 8526912099 have world wide maps ?

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,758
    Revered Voyager
    Accepted Answer
    On Go Discover the card installed is Europe connect your Go to wi-fi add card a list is available
    if no card come back tomorrow the moderator @VikramK will look at your account and restore your rights.

Answers

• Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    When you buy the world map, you can download the world map with several countries.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,383
    Superuser
    Hi @Coombes

You don't say which device you have. Do you not get a list of available maps when you go to Settlings/Map/Add a Map.

Doug
  • Coombes
    Coombes Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks guys for replies.
    I purchased a 5” Go Discover which Tom Tom made as an offer as a replacement for my Go 5000.
    The spec quoted world wide maps but the package says EU. I guess it is possible this just means that it is for this part of the world and not Asia or S America. I have not opened the box as it’s sealed. I wanted to clear up the query before opening but can’t get Tom Tom to answer.
    At present I’m not I pressed with their hands off approach to after sales customer care.
    So basically I’m not just buying a map upgrade.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Accepted Answer
    On Go Discover the card installed is Europe connect your Go to wi-fi add card a list is available
    if no card come back tomorrow the moderator @VikramK will look at your account and restore your rights.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,383
    Superuser
    Hi @Coombes

The GO Discover is supplied with the Regional map for the area in which it is purchased. When you have set it up then if you go to Settings/Maps /Add a Map you should see something like 50+ maps that are available for you to download at no further cost.

Just in case, as it can happen on the odd occasion if when you go to Add a Map and no list is present then indicate here and one of the Mods will sort out the units settings on the TT servers so the maps will be available.

Be aware that you do not need a PC to manage the device and download maps . When the unit is connected directly to your Wifi then you can download the maps as at the moment this can only be done via the Wifi connection option.

The device has 32gb of internal memory and no option to add an extra memory card. As you can add and delete maps including for examples countries within Europe just download the maps you need to complete the journeys you are likely to do.

Doug