GO 6000 - Map and speed camera updates not working

paulgl
paulgl Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Hi. I'm trying to sort out a few problems with my father's GO 6000.

I've managed to get it to update to the latest software release, but I'm having trouble getting maps to install. He has a lifetime sub to the whole of Europe map, so I suspect it's the issue with the internal storage being too low. I have a 16GB memory card in it and it's formatted / recognised as available space, but the map update is just hanging - without even indicating progress.

Do I need to delete the existing map first (I have about 150MB free internally)? If I do that, do i then end up in the "NO MAPS" state, with no map small enough to install on the internal memory, or is that only an issue if I haven't pre-formatted the memory card when I delete the maps?

I don't really want to delete the existing maps until I'm certain that's the right way to go - it currently works even though the maps are a little out of date and I'd rather not upgrade to "not working".

He also moved from a monthly to annual subscription for cameras in July - since when, the camera updates haven't worked at all - and I don't seem to be able to manually update those either, even though the update seems to be tiny.

Any suggestions, please? Could someone with access check that the camera updates are recorded correctly against the device too, please?

Kind regards, Paul

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @paulgl

The Software will not allow you to delete a map if it is the only one on the device as a map is required as part of the Start procedure.

If you are doing map updates the software checks the update is for the map on the device then removes the map to make space for the updated version.

Doug
  • paulgl
    paulgl Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks @DougLap.

In my case, when I click "Update" in MyDrive Connect, it take me to the updating screen, briefly says something like "Waiting to connect..." and then that disappears and... nothing else happens. It seems to be connected and trying to update, but there's no indication that it's downloading the update or trying to push anything to the device.

If the current map is on internal storage, but the replacement for it is now too large and would need to go one the external card, does the updater correctly handle that? I'm wondering if that's why it's getting stuck...

Kind regards,
    Paul
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @paulgl

If your current map is on the internal memory and you have fitted an extra memory card and formatted it on the GO6000 then if the map update is too large for the internal memory the software will delete the old map and load the updated replacement on the extra memory card.

Doug