ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MAPS IN THE OBSOLETE GO730 MODEL

monotoni
monotoni Registered Users Posts: 11
Master Explorer
I had a normal working device until i tried to update the maps few hours ago via tomtom home but accidentally erased the maps map in INTERNAL memory..forgot to make a backup stupid me..i have a sd card in it now 4gb i think, HOME does recognize it, but it does not finish the update...now, is there any chance i could get back the maps i had ? i get these errors when trying to update now (see photo)...i guess there were no cracked versions or corrupted software or whatever on it, it worked just fine..
i know is obsolete but im very attached to it as it was a gift and my companion for most trips from 2010.....thanks for help
ggke2ki56vjm.jpg

Answers

• monotoni
    Master Explorer
    edited December 2021
    serial number J4xxxxxxxx75 if needed

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,523
    Elite Voyager
    Look in the documents in the Tomtom folder you must have a complete backup of the Tomtom> click Home> click internal or backup.
  • monotoni
    Master Explorer
    In the tomtom folder there are backup, download and another 2 folders,,, and the backup is empty
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,039
    Superuser
    Hi @monotoni

Look back here tomorrow to see if @VikramK or @lampard have been able to allocate a map to your account.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,298
    Hi @monotoni
    Welcome to the community! I have re-activated the map on your account. Since the map version is really old I am not sure if it's still available on our servers.

Please connect the device and check for updates in TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • monotoni
    Master Explorer
    Hi, tried but failed again, the map was there thank you very much, the problem Is it wont finish the instalation...here the5khof83lupxo.jpg
    nmpv48zq20kf.jpg
    ewso4gfdjs32.jpg
    koe4hun20qbi.jpg
    ce8ivjq8bx07.jpg
    77hdon5o2q79.jpg
    35au8xq13l8w.jpg
    vaupcevkucjv.jpg
    Photos of the steps taken.... Any idea? Maybe a bigger sd card needed, 16gb
  • monotoni
    Master Explorer
    Sorry the photos got mixed up, but i suppose you know the steps
  • monotoni
    Master Explorer
    So there's nothing else i can do?!
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @VikramK

Is there any help you can give?

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,298
    hi @monotoni
    The error seems to be coming up when the files are getting saved to the internal memory.

This could happen due to the bad/corrupted storage sectors. I would advise a clean format and restore of the device.
    Steps are available on our support article here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013961099

You can follow the steps under- 'I have a map to download on my account'

Regards
    Vikram
  • monotoni
    Master Explorer
    Thanks for all your help but i think i'm giving up, followed the procedure precisely and for the n-th time fails to install,, i evenzb9e3ls6se7x.jpg
    ftust9fupdph.jpg
    vddbtt719s36.jpg
    put a bigger sd card but still wont install,,,, what does even mean "install to Internal Memory"? Why doesnt it install on the Memory card if it "sees" it?!?! Just dont get it,,,

I am really sad as i dont like to see these old but faithfull devices end in the trash bin, surely is my fault no question but still.... Funny thing is that a month ago i replaced the nonresponsive touchscreen and was back in life again, was so happy to get it back, all thanks to this forum

Will try few more times but doubt it Will work, and if any other idea, please help
    E4 hilz39eedcfl.jpg
    31y405j21lvo.jpg
  • monotoni
    Master Explorer
    Hm, it seems it does install the map folder on the memory card but only 2 files in it, see photo,,,, why it wont install all the maps files, i dont get it... because there's plenty of space on it....
    bdkvwt019q1k.jpg
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @monotoni

Tomtom state the largest Micro SD card they recommend is 32 GB. It looks like you have a 64GB card and as it is indicating that there is only 32GB 's free on it what is on the card?

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,523
    Elite Voyager
  • monotoni
    Master Explorer
    Yes Doug, you are correct, its a 64gb, some other data on it as well,... Ok, Will get a brand New one of 4,8 or 16gb, format and try again,fingers crossed
    Will report in a Day or two, thanks for the advice
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi @monotoni

I would suggest that you add a 16gb or 32gb memory card.

Doug
  • monotoni
    Master Explorer
    edited April 29
    Hi to y'all,

Just wanted to say that even after 2 New 16gb micros and numerous timeconsuming attempts i wasnt able to make it work
    I Just cant figure it out where's the catch
    Why it wont transfer the map to the device if theres obviously plenty of space!?!
    I think i'm gonna give up at this point

c2sdlwle6g6m.jpg
    veudkymtd7mxep.jpg
    N imgooiwf6ivibbc.jpg
  • monotoni
    Master Explorer
    4ucvsz0lxi01.jpg
    yasqccu6e5ic.jpg

I dont know if you can deduct anything from these screen shots