UK average speed cameras are rubbish

clive_brown
clive_brown Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Map quality
UK average speed cameras are rubbish. It updates every week but still shows avg cameras that were removed weeks and months ago. Pocket GPS World was much more accurate, pity I can't still use them.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,169
     Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @clive_brown
    You haven't stated which Tomtom device/s you own ???
    You can load the Pocket GPS World camera database, but you can only display the built-in generic Tomtom Icons, you can't display the associated .BMP Icons for the PGW camera database or set/use any proximity warnings sounds
    Probably have to use the single file database you won't have enough generic Tomtom Icons for the (20 30 40 50 60 70 and Red Light Cameras etc)... of the multi file database....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • clive_brown
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have Go Premium and have to use tomtom's speed cameras as third party don't work on the new sat navs. It would seem they have gone backwards as my 940 and 5150 were much better.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,342
    Hi @clive_brown
    Could you add a few locations where you find that the average speed cameras are not correct?
    An indication of the area (city, road) where you are driving would help us to track the specific zones faster, our team can update them accordingly.

Thank you,
    Vikram.
  • clive_brown
    Apprentice Seeker
    M6 J19, avg speed cameras north and south were removed about 2 months ago.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,342
    Thanks @clive_brown

We improved our database and indeed removed the cameras in the given location.

- Vikram :)