The new map version makes you drive 19 miles to avoid a restriction which doesn’t exist — TomTom Discussions

The new map version makes you drive 19 miles to avoid a restriction which doesn’t exist

Joaqu1m
Joaqu1m Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
I

Best Answer

• JULLIANC
    JULLIANC Registered Users Posts: 14
    Legendary Explorer
    Accepted Answer
    Having the same problem. Now cant even route to work with my truck without a 10 mile diversion. With every map update seems to be more and more stupid restrictions. TOMTOM Need to sort its getting beyond a joke

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,724
    Revered Voyager
  • JULLIANC
    JULLIANC Registered Users Posts: 14
    Legendary Explorer
    Accepted Answer
    Having the same problem. Now cant even route to work with my truck without a 10 mile diversion. With every map update seems to be more and more stupid restrictions. TOMTOM Need to sort its getting beyond a joke
  • staszko87
    staszko87 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Willy875 wrote: »

which tool can i use to report incorrect weight limit ?(wight limits are not shown on map )
    i know about 3 and i think one is on M25 :#
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,377
    Superuser
    Hi @staszko87

The Mapshare website is what you can use to report errors.

Doug
  • staszko87
    staszko87 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @staszko87

The Mapshare website is what you can use to report errors.

Doug

I'm aware of map share that's how i ended up here
    but i could not find "incorrect weight restriction" in tolls
    so my first post is about that
    which one do you use for that?
  • Megalos
    Megalos Posts: 6,088
    Superuser
    You can use the 'Other' category to report this kind of corrections.
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 323
    Supreme Pioneer
    I do not believe individual MapShare reporting of the issue is the best way forward………..

For example, my Go Camper routes me on crazy, circular or illogical routes which “partially” seems to be linked to the weight/width/height restrictions of adjoining roads on a route. On the map when zoomed right in you can see the ends of the limits on these adjoining roads, “overlap” onto the main road, thus often causing the device to avoid the main road and consequently send me round in circles!!!

But my Vehicle Settings may not discover “restrictions” that other users will see as this will be totally dependent on their Vehicle Settings.

As far as I am aware there is no way for a PND user to see on a map “all restrictions”, be they linked to weight/width/height?

Based on this; the restriction issue should be tackled, by a dedicated TomTom team who ought to be able to see all restrictions on a map and effect a rapid cure, as left to individual users to report them as discovered, via Mapshare I can envisage the restriction issue running for several years……….. :s

@VikramK If you agree, can you please raise an internal ticket on behalf of the many users (Camper and Trucker devices) who have reported similar issues with the appropriate team for resolution.
  • SPARFFR
    SPARFFR Registered Users Posts: 9
    Master Explorer
    Tomtom Go Expert will not allow 26T 3.89m high truck through Blackwall tunnel. Even though the height is actually 4.00m into the tunnel!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,724
    Revered Voyager
  • SPARFFR
    Master Explorer
    Done
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @SPARFFR

I think there is a width restriction of 2m what have you set your vehicle as in the GO Expert.

If I have my GO Camper width set to 2.48m it will not direct me through the Blackwall tunnel..

Doug
  • SPARFFR
    Master Explorer
    Thanks Doug. I did some digging around and look what I found. f0adwifgh2cm.jpg

• SPARFFR
    Master Explorer
    I had set my Tomtom to 2.50m width
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @SPARFFR

Must remember to pull my wing mirrors in when I use the Blackwall Tunnel. 😂😂
  • SPARFFR
    Master Explorer
    Funny! 😂
  • Wrenny
    Wrenny Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Always been a fan of Tomtom truck satnav never let me down until I upgraded to Go Expert planned a regular trip from Chesterfield to Stockport it wanted to send me miles out of my way on some dodgy roads.. fired my trustee 6250 up and it routed me the way I've always gone.. after a bit of head scratching I noticed a bridge on the A6 was the problem this bridge as no restrictions I've been under it many time with a 16 foot trailer. I Thought no problem I'll report it to tomtom .. they didn't excite it and its still marked as a 10'11 bridge.. I've found loads of errors and now tomtom as released the latest map updates for my 6250 all these error are on that map to.. namxphvl7san.jpg
    9t28yvbadu9c.jpg
    kv15jc5xq0aj.jpg
    Conwy tunnel 13'9 ( no restrictions)
    g6uq1ys5es2e.jpg
    A1 near Bedford 7.5 ton weight limit
    axj7ntylkczw.jpg
  • Wrenny
    Apprentice Traveler
    As Tomtom doesn't say why the route is blocked just shade it out I've been using a app for andriod called RoadLords which uses Tomtom maps and the good people at roadlords show you what the restriction is which would be a good feature for Tom to adopt
  • Joaqu1m
    Joaqu1m Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    I think that I have to start looking for other options because tomtom is not reliable anymore
  • Wrenny
    Apprentice Traveler
    Joaqu1m wrote: »
    I think that I have to start looking for other options because tomtom is not reliable anymore

Me to its a shame they have cocked it up and will lose many loyal customs.
    I've bought a garmin dezl lgv 800. Which I didn't really want to buy after spending £400 on a go expert but it's no expert and will get you into trouble