Vibration from engine

Walshmefc
Walshmefc Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
Hey everyone, does anyone have a solution for the Tom tom 550 vibrating while riding, I used to use the quad lock vibration dapener when I used my phone. Any help will be appreciated. tia

Answers

• TigerRider
    TigerRider Registered Users Posts: 179
    Exalted Navigator
    edited December 2021
    @Walshmefc , maybe consider a change of ride.

Got mine on the bars of a Triumph Tiger1050. No vibration.

Chances are its resonating at your normal rev range. Maybe try moving the thing to a difference place on the bike. You could just have it on a vibration node maximum. Look for a minimum. Try adding weight to change the resonant frequency or perhaps a weight decoupled through a rubber connection as per sky scraper damper.

Also consider clamping over a rubber core to the bars. I have used self amalgamating rubber tape wrapped to build multiple layers like a big grommet. Stretch the stuff as you wrap it and it form a solid rubber mass.
  • RoadRider
    RoadRider Registered Users Posts: 750
    Revered Pioneer
    The original RAM bals in the Riders box are also a rubber vibration dapener.

The Rider does 't have a camera. This is the part that fails on many phones when mounted on a motorbike.
  • TigerRider
    TigerRider Registered Users Posts: 179
    Exalted Navigator
    Guys,
    It occurs to add that vibration on a bike could be the factor the clever guys at TomTom forgot to include in the design spec and why so many owners are getting damp or misting inside their units.
  • NorthernBiker
    NorthernBiker Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    The BMW IL4 is particularly vibey and it is confusing the TTR550 which keeps zooming out of the street level direction mode. Am running the oem charging mount on a SW Motech mount that bolts onto the handlebar clamp. Very irritating.