Why am I unable to activate the paid annual speed subs? I am about to cancel as I cannot use

Nikki2006
Nikki2006 Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
I paid for an annual subscription for speed cameras in Australia, The payment was processed 25 Nov 2021. When I try to update my device through My Drive, it says the speed cameras have been deactivated and prompts me to activate the 3 month deal for $0.99. I asm about to cancel my subscription as I have paid for a service that cannot be used!!

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,164
     Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @Nikki2006
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, Social Distancing and people working from home, have delayed the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Nikki2006
    New Seeker
    Oh Dear. I hope it was not a scam. ToTom should be more alert and be protective of customers
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,625
    Elite Voyager
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    At the time of purchase, did you select the account for the VIA S52 GPS?
  • Nikki2006
    New Seeker
    Thank you. Yes. I have been able to update the lifetime maps except for the speed camera update recently purchased.
    Have not used the device for a while due to Covid lockdown travel restrictions. Was surprised to learn the speed camera alerts were deactivated on my device with no communication on first use after restrictions were lifted.
    TomTom is really in fact forcing you to pay for subscriptions which do not necessarily work. They need to realise customers can vote with their feet with free navigation services.