TomTom Chooses the WRONG route

scubaal
scubaal Registered Users Posts: 53
Legendary Explorer
This problem has existed for over 2 years. I have reported it multiple times.
Now I am adding screen shots so others can see the issues a verify although I have no expectation it will be rectified.

Using TomTom (Go or MyDrivce it doesnt matter- same result as the underlying algorythm is at fault) set to choose fastest route.
Routing from - Monash, ACT to Huskisson, NSW
TomTom routes 3:11 hours - 260km.
This is NOT the fastest route.
If I modify the route to go via Nerriga, TomTom comes back with 2:39 hours - 198km.
We are not talking a couple of minutes here - this is a huge difference.
This is the correct fastest route that Google and Apple find EVERY TIME.
What is up with the TomTom app?
There seems to be no way to find out WHY the algorithm chooses a diffetrent route.
Images attached so you can verify it yourself.

51khjygwc499.png

9yibt5fltcor.png

I have reported it through Mapshare a dozen times with no fix. I would be happy to help TomTom troubleshoot but no-on one seems to care.

Comments

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,489
    Exalted Pioneer
    edited December 2021
    its not map problem
    write to customer support
  • Megalos
    Megalos Posts: 6,093
     Superuser
    Mm, when I try the route from Monash to Huskisson, it says 'No route possible'... Also, something seems fishy around here: (-35.09813,149.89342). When starting from that point (a bit further towards Huskisson), it takes the correct route. But when starting a bit closer to Monash from that point, it takes the huge detour. So it's somewhere there it seems where the issue is.
  • voytek
    voytek Registered Users Posts: 150
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    hmm, it's a long time since I have driven some parts of that road - and, I only drove it from Marulan to Husky, and, haven't been there for maybe 20 years, but, I'm not sure I wouldn't, in this case, agree with TT routing - I think, it's only like a secondary road, not like the (longer) road offered...

but, it's a very nice drive, there are some nice areas near Shoalhaven River...
    maybe should venture there again to check...
  • voytek
    voytek Registered Users Posts: 150
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    hmm, reading some other posts about that road, perhaps I'm too far out of date...
    definitely the road should be offered, if not as main route, then as alternative.
    I may well be wrong in suggesting it's a 'secondary road', mea culpa.
  • scubaal
    scubaal Registered Users Posts: 53
    Legendary Explorer
    its not map problem
    write to customer support

hmm good advice - but HOW do you raise with customer support.
    I've never had any luck :(