MyDrive Connect does not connect on my device on MacOS Monterey; workaround?

disconnected
disconnected Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in MyDrive Connect
It seems MyDrive Connect does not connect to my navigation device on my new computer with MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey.

Is any workaround known?

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,769
    edited December 2021
    Hi @disconnected

Welcome to the Community! Have you upgraded your Mac version with MyDrive installed on it? or bought a new one with Monterey and installed the fresh MyDrive app? In any case, I would advise you to make a clean reinstallation of the MyDrive Connect. You can find the steps in the article here.

Best, lampard
  • disconnected
    disconnected Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @lampard,

Thanks for your advice. I tried to reinstall MyDrive Connect but the problem persisted. The computer came with MacOS Big Sur and then everything seemed OK. The problem manifested itself only after the update to MacOS Monterey and reinstalling MyDrive Connect did not fix it.

I accessed another computer that still runs MacOS Big Sur to get the latest updates which apparently worked.

I hope MyDrive Connect will handle this with its next update.
  • andrewmac
    andrewmac Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Is this problem known about as I'm having the same issue. Brand new macpro laptop with latest Monterey 12.0.1 ; new installation of mydrive connect and not recognising my TomTom 6000. I've tried with the TomTom supplied USB A cable into a USB hub and then direct into a USB C port on the computer using same cable but with an adaptor to convert. The TomTom is recognising the power supply in both cases but won't connect. The cable and connection work fine with my HP All in One Desktop.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,502
    Superuser
    Hi
    @andrewmac
    Welcome to the site...
    Tomtom DO NOT recommend the use of a USB Hub....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • andrewmac
    andrewmac Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks YFM! I've seen that (don't use a USB Hub) but just included it in my post for completeness. But this still leaves me with the problem that even directly connected into my MacBook USB C (using the adaptor) I'm still getting no Connect. I've got a 2018 iMac which hasn't been upgraded to Monterey and has the old USB A ports so will try that and see if it will connect but the working theory is a problem with Monterey/TomTom I think.
  • kjb1
    kjb1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    It is a known problem but still no fix ,I've been having this problem since the first Big Sur update 11.1 before then it worked ok and that was about a year ago.
    I have tried removing and re-installing but it doesn't work.Just purchased a cheap second hand windows laptop in it works fine .