Does anyone accept responsibility for errors? — TomTom Discussions

Does anyone accept responsibility for errors?

norfolknewboy
norfolknewboy Registered Users Posts: 13
Apprentice Traveler
It took me several years to convince MapShare about narrow roads with 2m restrictions in my local area. I sent them photos from Google StreetView and maps from Garmin. Eventually the changes were made. Then 18months ago some width restrictions disappeared and now the bridge limit has disappeared.
These restrictions are still in place and NO-ONE seems to check before changing things.

I wonder if it will require another 3y of TomTom users having to make difficult driving adjustments before corrections are made.

WHO makes these decisions?

Comments

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,265
    Exalted Pioneer
    this is public help place
    you should write to customer support email
  • norfolknewboy
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks
  • Shawnloveshorses_161
    Shawnloveshorses_161 Registered Users Posts: 225
    Renowned Trailblazer
    HI @norfolknewboy

I wish to report the issue to you and see if they fix it. May you please provide coordinates of the issue and detailed explanation. Thanks
  • norfolknewboy
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for that offer. I don't visit here very often.
    HOWEVER, I have just updated my TT and success: the three restrictions which I always check are now correct!

Whether one of those is the result of my efforts or because the council has erected a HUGE sign (at what expense?) at the last junction where you can avoid turning round in a narrow road. However, large vehicles would still have to negotiate a narrow one-way street and a couple of tight corners, having already driven round a triangular "roundabout" (difficult) and through a busy major shopping street: things must be better when TT gets it right!

Thanks again.
  • Shawnloveshorses_161
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Thanks for that offer. I don't visit here very often.
    HOWEVER, I have just updated my TT and success: the three restrictions which I always check are now correct!

Whether one of those is the result of my efforts or because the council has erected a HUGE sign (at what expense?) at the last junction where you can avoid turning round in a narrow road. However, large vehicles would still have to negotiate a narrow one-way street and a couple of tight corners, having already driven round a triangular "roundabout" (difficult) and through a busy major shopping street: things must be better when TT gets it right!

Thanks again.

Great to hear that you have got it solved, do note that Google Maps, Garmin Maps, are all copyrighted so just copying their map is an infringement, they have to get it from a official source of data. Were you giving them documentation on this or just words?

Anyways I agree with you that TomTom is just using the web for correcting issues which some of them are outdated sources which they don't actually confirm with the data supplier or the owner of the business.

• Shawnloveshorses_161
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Also, have you contacted your Ministry of Transportation to rely on internal documentation or a database of restrictions and road regulations to TomTom?

Thanks