Enter a destination and it zooms out massively

bri_no
bri_no Registered Users Posts: 46
Outstanding Wayfarer
This bug has been around for a while and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet.

Simply enter a destination, and select from the list and it zooms out for no apparent reason. I have to zoom in to actually see where it is! This is annoying as hell so please fix this.

I also see my other annoying bugs aren't fixed. What are you doing?
- selecting the green suggested quicker route on the route bar and it zooming way out for me to see the actual new route without zooming in (dangerous while driving!)
- route duration time to be displayed with the Eta time when choosing the routes (as set in my settings!)
5e7glbgvlfnt.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,141
     Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @bri_no
    Using an iPhone here....
    Not seeing the level's of zoom-out that you are experiencing....

Location using search....
    90rxrobb9pz0.png

Location using MyPlaces 'Work'....
    Granted, the 'MyPlace' location is more zoomed-out in my images than the 'Search' location....
    But with a MyPlace location surely it doesn't really matter, we create the MyPlace list, so we already know the location is correct ???
    cx4xo7pa23hj.png
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • bri_no
    bri_no Registered Users Posts: 46
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Ah that's interesting. If I select Work from the main search screen it jumps to this zoom. If I select work from My Places screen it jumps to the closer view that I want.
    I want to be able to see the traffic around the area so want it zoomed in but since going via My Places works then guess that's a work around.

Also for a test I deleted the maps. If I use the work icon in search list I get a no location on map error. If I go to my places or recent destination and select work it goes to that part of the map! So that's the problem. Two different ways of navigating for the same location! Any insights from Dev on this?
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,061
    Hi @bri_no

An internal ticket (GONAV-4512) has been created to investigate this zoom level behavior.

Thanks, lampard