TomTom Go App on IOS & Android

Ulsterrugby
Ulsterrugby Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
Hi, I’m not a techie person so this may be a stupid question. I have TomTom Go app in beta form on my iPhone. Can I also use it on an Android unit in my van from the same account? Thanks in advance. Pail

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,640
    Elite Voyager
    Hi
    The application purchased on Apple store does not work on Android, you must purchase the application on Tomtom com
  • Ulsterrugby
    New Seeker
    Thank you Willy875 for your response. As I mentioned I’m not technically driven. Could you expand on this, in simple terms, for me please?

If I have my account paid via Apple Store can I change that to TomTom.com without losing my existing account and so on. If I then do so can I run the app on both devices?

Thanks again
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,640
    Elite Voyager
    If the application is already paid for in the Apple Store, it is not possible to transfer the subscription to Tomtom .com without re-paying a second time.
  • Richard6666666
    Richard6666666 Registered Users Posts: 20
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    When your android headunit has carplay it will work.
  • Ulsterrugby
    New Seeker
    Thank you Richard, it does have CarPlay but it drains the battery on the iPhone so I’d prefer to use TT standalone if possible. It I stalled on the head unit fine but I didn’t realise I couldn’t run it from my account.

So, have I understood correctly that I must set up a new account with TT.com and lose my account via Apple Store
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,423
    Community Manager
    Beta iOS is a completely different app and only available in closed beta. For Android we have an open beta since quite some time now while the original closed beta has been discontinued.
  • kaskap
    kaskap Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    Idea for future updates.

When I update the maps I have on my Android unit, it is always the Netherlands that are updated first.

For me it would be more logic that the country I am in at the moment is updated first. Then the surrounding countries that I have maps for on my unit.