Tomtom HOME doesn't recognise mi GPS

Marihermu
Marihermu Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
I want to upload my maps on the sd of my GPS but I can't because tomtom home does not recognise my GPS. When I connect it to my computer, my drive connect open automatically but tomtom home doesn't recognise it.
Help please.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    Tomtom Home is not compatible with your Start 52 you must download the Mydrive connect software https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/
  • Marihermu
    New Seeker
    In this case how can I download the maps in the SD card of my GPS?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    You insert the SD in the GPS which will format it then connect your GPS to your computer you open Mydrive connect
    click on download the map.
  • Marihermu
    New Seeker
    I did that but the map is downloaded in the GPS memory not in the sd card. How do I do that?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    The Start 52 with 16 GB of internal memory no need to add an additional Sd card unless you want to buy another cartography in addition to the Europe card in which the new card will be installed on the Sd card.

moreover you must always keep a map installed on the GPS in the event of a crash.
  • Marihermu
    New Seeker
    The GPS has 8 GB, not 16. That's why I want to add a sd card but the maps get installed automatically in the GPS' memory
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Insert the Sd in the device when it runs out of space in the internal memory, the card will choose the Sd card automatically.
  • Marihermu
    New Seeker
    Ok, thank you very much
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @Marihermu
    Re... Start 52 ( 8GB On-board Memory)
    The Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory....
    But the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now approaching 9GB
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators can allocate a small local Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi @Marihermu
    We did some changes in the backend. The map of Europe should be offered to you in smaller regions/countries.

Regards, Vikram