My Rider 400 has installed doubleEurope maps v10.80

Multistrider
Multistrider Registered Users Posts: 29
Master Explorer
edited November 2021 in RIDER
My 400 has consumed all its memory by double installing Europe 10.8. It refuses to delete either or both map files by using MyDrive connect or factory reset. The memory is full and I’m stuck

Best Answers

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,610
    Elite Voyager
    Are the 2 10.80 cards installed on the rider's internal memory?
  • Multistrider
    Master Explorer
    Hello yes, the content on the device shows 2 versions of v10.8 on the internal memory, nothing on the external, the green content gauge is full for the internal memory!
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,155
     Superuser
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Multistrider
    Have you tried using the new 'Remove content from your device' feature in MyDrive connect ???

vbzzaxe2zhtp.jpg
    OR
    Updating a Tomtom Wi-Fi device over USB (Using the MyDrive Connect Menu Structure)
    I've discovered a different way of updating the Wi-Fi devices.....
    Using the MyDrive Connect Menu structure... Instead of the onboard (Wi-Fi) Menu Structure....
    It works a treat, it's just like updating the previous NAV4 devices... But much faster as the (Wi-Fi) Devices update over USB on the fly i.e... No Download/Upload/Install....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Multistrider
    Master Explorer
    Yes I’ve used the remove content from your device. After ticking the Europe map boxes scrolling down to delete, the delete button isn’t active, if I remove a voice the delete button becomes live it won’t delete either or both the maps. The 400 isn’t wi-fi capable so I’ve only got USB control of the device.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,155
     Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @Multistrider
    Tomtom devices need at least 1 Map installed on the device before it will Boot-up....
    As the Maps are both the same... Maybe MyDrive Connect is NOT seeing 2 Maps installed ???

Try installing a Small single County that's only a few MB in size... (Preferably onto a Micro SDHC Memory card)
    This will stop the 'No Maps /found or No Maps installed error message... Then maybe you can uninstall 1 of the Europe Maps
    I suppose it may delete both of the installed Europe Maps ??? You may have to reinstall the Europe Map ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Multistrider
    Master Explorer
    The 400 device functions apparently ok, it’s on MyDrive connect that tells me there is an update required, it is Europe maps 10.8. After clicking on the tick box and update device the device memory shows full. When I click on manage device content it shows all the voice options with the first two lines of Europe maps 10,8. To delete the files I’ve clicked on one or the other but the delete button scrolled at the bottom will not allow it. I will run it again tonight but I have tried to factory reset the device as well but this doesn’t delete the content on the device memory. I’ve got a 32Gb card in but that is showing no content even after formatting so the issue is that I’ve got 2 Europe 10.8 files clogging up the device internal memory.
  • Multistrider
    Master Explorer
    The 400 when disconnected from MyDrive connect when checking the display on settings-System-About it shows only Europe v10.8 and 2.55 Gb of free space on the device memory. This seems about right so that’s why the device seems to be functioning correctly. So it appears to be a MyDrive error not a device malfunction!!
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    edited November 2021
    It's just an idea have you tried uninstalling Mydrive connect Then reinstall?
  • Multistrider
    Master Explorer
    Willy, I think you are right, it needs reloading to clear the cache.
    Thanks for the suggestion I’ll let you know if it works.
  • Multistrider
    Master Explorer
    Hi Willy, I’ve uninstalled the Connect App on my computer and reinstalled, found my device, it’s asking to update the 400 to v10.8 (which incidentally is already installed) after 2 minutes of whirly gig it announces my device doesn’t respond, tried 3 times same outcome!
    I think the device is ok and functioning but it’s connectivity with the system connect app is in question! Any help here would be welcomed.
    Cheers5so9qk0k5wol.jpeg
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Hi
    Try with another cable.
  • Multistrider
    Master Explorer
    Did that, and using both original TomTom USB cables, from 400 and 550 devices.
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    I think you need to contact customer service for help.
  • Multistrider
    Master Explorer
    How do you do that?, I thought that this was the last remaining process for getting help! All other routes in the webpages just keep going round in circles and end up back where you started!,
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560

Si vous vous retrouvez sur le forum changé de navigateur ou supprimé les cookies.