Change vehicle type on the TomTom GO CAMPER

paco1949
paco1949 Registered Users Posts: 13
Master Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have a go camper and now in adjustment I can not find to change the vehicle class

Mod edit: Machine translated (Spanish)

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,041
    Superuser
    Hi @paco1949

Have you checked in Settings/Map that the map selected says Camper in its description? If not change to a map that does say Camper.

Doug
  • paco1949
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2021
    hello I have the europe map but to install the camper tells me that I have no place and to uninstall another map but it won't let me uninstall it because it asks me to install it before the camper
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @paco1949

Add a small map like Venezuela to your GO Camper . This will be added to the internal memory and as it is only about 30mb is very small and is worth leaving on the unit so yowl have 2 maps ion it.

You will now be able to delete the Europe map and then load the Europe Camper map. You might consider adding an extra memory card Micro SD Class 10 16gb or 32 gb recommended.

Doug
  • paco1949
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2021
    The problem is good for me because when I was doing the last update of maps I ran out of Wi-Fi and it asked me to install another map and install Europe but when I enter the browser it says that I have the Europe and I enter to delete the one that I download from Europe and when I give it to uninstall it does not
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @paco1949

Your unit will not allow you to delete the map if it is the only one on it. as it needs a map on the device to be able to start up properly. Thats why I suggest you have the Venezuela map on the unit as if during an Update of the main Map you lose it then with the small map there you can run the unit normally and reload the lost map.

Doug
  • paco1949
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2021
    now I have installed the one for Venezuela and I am installing go camper when I have already installed the gocamper will I have three maps?
  • paco1949
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2021
    Or uninstall go europe?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi @paco1949

If when you went to Maps/Add a Map you were able to select Europe Camper then that means it was not on the unit. If it had been then you could not select it again and load a second time. Unless you advise otherwise I assume you have deleted the Europe Map you had on the unit after you had loaded Venezuela and when you finish loading the Europe Camper map you will have 2 maps in the device. If that is correct then do not delete the Venezuela map just leave it there and always when updating anything do them one at a time not all at the same time.

Be ware that all the maps on the unit are car based maps except the 4 that mention Camper in their name. Only the Camper maps have the facility to select the vehicle type and be able to input dimension and weight details.

Doug
  • paco1949
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2021
    thanks for the answers now you are downloading go camper if I had any problem I would get in touch again
  • paco1949
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2021
    I have already downloaded the camper europe and now the problem is solved thanks for the help it has been a great service

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @paco1949

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • paco1949
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2021
    hello again I have another small problem when I propose a route with coordinates once I have put the coordinates as I have to do to execute them
  • paco1949
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2021
    The coordinates are also solved
  • paco1949
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2021
    How to know the coordinates of the place where I am with go camper?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @paco1949

Tap Menu
    Tap Search
    Tap World (Top right)
    Select Long/Lat
    The 3 examples are the co.ordinates for your current position in 3 formats.

Doug