Update interrupted

john_birch2021
john_birch2021 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
The power went off during the update, not my GO 6000 won't start properly (it gets to Select Country and no country appears to select) and when connected to my computer it shows 'Updating' and won't connect to MyDrive.

Answers

• john_birch2021
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for that......think it's more serious though.....MyDriveConnect shows 'Updating' but with no progress.....and the GO 6000 is stuck at 'Choose a Country' with none showing to choose, so 'Next' is greyed out.....
    If it got to opening up properly I could follow the video OK.
    Also tried turning -off & re-starting: always the same result. I think the interruption corrupted something very basic....
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @john_birch2021

Look back here on Monday to see what @VikramK suggests after he has reviewed your units logs on the TT servers.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,377
    Revered Voyager
    edited November 2021
    @jean_bouleau2021

If it no longer connects to MyDrive connect, try using another cable.

Also try to press the on / off button until you hear the sound of the tamtam and the device restarts.
  • john_birch2021
    Apprentice Seeker
    Tried all the above, no effect. Tried charging for 2+ hours, then hold-down at start-up, press on/off 3x quickly when white text appears = gets stuck on the TomTom screen. So assuming it's dead, killed by power cut during update. Not sure I'll get another Tomtom as it's impossible to get good, quick, personal support. Pity, it's been great, especially abroad.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Did you follow this link to download a map again? Re-downloading a map

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959859-Télécharger-de-nouveau-une-carte

• john_birch2021
    Apprentice Seeker
    Would do if I could get the device to reset! After the white text & 3 presses it just freezes on the tomtom logo.
    A normal restart gets stuck at the Select a Country screen because no country is there to select, Next is grey so doesn't respond. Dead?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    only reset the device
    the device will restart, do not do the 3 presses.

• john_birch2021
    Apprentice Seeker
    It re-starts, allows the language to be selected, but does not show any countries to be selected so the Next is grey and you can't get passed it.