On TomTom paid app for Android auto how do I zoom map and report incidents like in Amigo?

TommyTank
TommyTank Registered Users Posts: 1
Apprentice Seeker
I have just subscribed to TomTom paid app because I was enjoying free version Amigo, but now I find in Android auto there is no zoom and I cant report incidents.
Is there a fix?

Best Answer

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,952
    Answer ✓
    Hi @TommyTank

Welcome to the Community! AmiGO is an online-only navigation app with a focus on community reporting. The GO app only shows the traffic incidents, it's not possible to report them via the app. Alternatively, you can use the AmiGO in conjunction with the GO app in overlay mode.

Best, lampard

Answers

• lampard
    Answer ✓
    Hi @TommyTank

Welcome to the Community! AmiGO is an online-only navigation app with a focus on community reporting. The GO app only shows the traffic incidents, it's not possible to report them via the app. Alternatively, you can use the AmiGO in conjunction with the GO app in overlay mode.

Best, lampard
  • FAC
    FAC Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Explorer
    edited November 2021
    Alternatively, you can use the AmiGO in conjunction with the GO app in overlay mode

How do we do this ?
    Does it work on AA ?
  • lampard
    Ah, my bad! I missed that you're using the Android Auto screen. Overlay mode is not supported by the android auto platform, a limitation.

On the phone screen, you can just open the AmiGO App and tap on the speed pill to use it in the overlay mode widget.

Best, lampard
  • Marek_MkZ
    Marek_MkZ Registered Users Posts: 83
    Supreme Trailblazer
    It's rather crazy idea to have two navigation applications running and eating resources just to have the possibility to report incidents. Especially that both are from TT. TomTom Go also should have this functionality.