Hi. I have a Go Essential.

NatSav
NatSav Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
The instruction panel in guidance view doesn’t display the next road name until one mile away from the turn. Is this normal and is there a way to get it to show the next road name further in advance?

Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,714
    Superuser
    Hi and welcome to the Forum.

No, you can not change it. It is so designed.
    The Go App and Go Discover Models does show it earlyer.
  • NatSav
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you for your reply, Lochfrass.
    So it’s a hardware, not software issue?
    I wonder what the logic is, because the device is obviously able to display the name of the next road. You just don’t get much warning in case it’s unsuitable.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi
    @NatSav
    Have you tried dipping in and out of List view to see the name of the next road
    1st line... 'Present location' and the 'Name of the road'
    2nd line...'Last spoken instruction' and the 'Name of the next road'
    List View

With a route Planned and Displayed....
    Tap the Top Info Bar for the 'List View'
    Tap the 'Back button' ( < ) to return to the Map view (Back button is screen top left)

wg7v0qxp8apy.jpg
    Also, the list is semi-live
    When you are driving, if you tap the top info bar... Your present location is at the top of the list
    Your last driving Instruction is 2nd
    This can be useful in Town/City When entering the next road, you can alternately tap the 'Top Info Bar' and the (Back button screen top left) to dip in and out of the list

It's not very useful halfway down a long Motorway, but if you dip in and out of the list, it does give the remaining distance to exits and Junctions of the Motorway.....
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • NatSav
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for posting YamFazMan.
    Yes, I have used ‘list view’ to check the route before setting off, but it would be reassuring to have the next road displayed throughout the journey, without having to tap the screen. You would think it would be possible since it has the capacity to display it anyway, albeit only a mile from the ‘turn’.
    Your post did lead me to wonder whether ‘list view’ could be a voice activated command phrase, but then the device often gets the command wrong, plus the ‘list view’ obscures half of the screen.
    Do you think it is hardware or software?
    Again thanks.