My TomTom Go 6200

R_France87
R_France87 Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
I have 2 TomTom Go 6200 and both repeatedly switch on and off during driving, WHY?

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    You should not disconnect from Tomtom services, you just have to uncheck the Mydrive button.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @R_France87

Try turning going into My Drive on both units and Tapping Stop Syncing. You don't need the My Drive option working during normal use and it is easy to Log back in with Password when the Syncing option is required.

Doug
  • R_France87
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you. That sounds a perfect solution. I will do as you suggest. Seems to do it more after I have updated each Sat Nav.
  • R_France87
    Apprentice Seeker
    Logged in with Password and Stopped Syncing on both Sat Navs. See what happens the next time I drive. Why do I have 2 GO 6200 Sat Navs? Bought the second thinking the first had a problem with constantly switching on and off that I couldn't solve. Lesson learned, although expensive buying a second Sat Nav.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    You should not disconnect from Tomtom services, you just have to uncheck the Mydrive button.
  • R_France87
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you. I have only unchecked the sync button on Mydrive on both my Sat Navs.
  • R_France87
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you for the suggestion of tapping 'Stop Syncing' on Mydrive on both of my Sat Navs. Both Sat Navs working this morning without the constant switching on and off.
    If only I'd asked before purchasing a second GO 6200.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @R_France87

Glad you are sorted . There is a benefit having the My Drives not syncing on both devices as if you are out using one and someone loads a new route on the other then yours will change and you may not notice and vice versa. One way to send someone to Coventry. 😂😂

If you decide to set the second uni don't forget to do a Factory Reset on it so your data is all removed.

Doug
This discussion has been closed.