Disable route guidance announcements TomTom app

Hotgaff5045_
Hotgaff5045_ Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Seeker
Can I disable route guidance announcements and just have traffic information and speed cameras alerts

Best Answer

• Hotgaff5045_
    Apprentice Seeker
    Accepted Answer
    Yes I agree with the route bar you do see well in advance cameras so think this the next best option. Thank you.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,914
    Revered Voyager
    No, it is not possible to deactivate the guidance to only have information on traffic and speed camera alerts.
  • Hotgaff5045_
    Apprentice Seeker
    From what I have read it has been possible on other dedicated devices, its a shame as somtimes only want alerts on known routes as a reminder of speed cameras and not having the continued voice guidance as one could still just use the visual guidance if necessary as an option. Seems a backward step to not have this option available.Thank you
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    I just watched a better turn off the speaker

a78uzotm9x08.jpg
  • Hotgaff5045_
    Apprentice Seeker
    Accepted Answer
    Yes I agree with the route bar you do see well in advance cameras so think this the next best option. Thank you.
  • Hotgaff5045_
    Apprentice Seeker
    On toggling the speaker on the screen there is an alerts only I thought I had previously tried this but still got route guidance, will try again.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    when i rock the speaker i have alert only so i think its matches alerts.
  • Hotgaff5045_
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes agree this does seem to be the option to disable route guidance.
  • Hotgaff5045_
    Apprentice Seeker
    Just say that when alerts only selected on main screen it works just fine on a planned route also works well if no route is planned on a journey the and route bar also pops up to show show approching a camera.