why does my tomtom say my subscription has expired - I bought lifetime updates

phil1579
phil1579 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
why does my tomtom say my subscription has expired - I bought lifetime updates - only just received the tomtom camper some 6 weeks after I nought it and it says the traffic and speedcamera up[dates have expired

Answers

• phil1579
    Apprentice Seeker
    I want to somehow fix my tomtom which is not working properly. If that is not possible then I want to get a refund - not unreasonable. Ive already looked here for answers and Ive asked the question and noone has answered it. Now All I get is this forced to this rather pointless discussion thread that does not have my answer. When I go to support, the chat pops up, quickly fills its-self in and immediately redirects me here - where I cant get an answers. How do I stop that so I can ask the bot a different question.

quite frankly I'm begining to realise why so many threads have people saying "wish I'd bought xxx" I paid good money in September and I still dont have a working satnav in mid November. If I'd bought it from a shop, I'd be able to take it back physically. So all I want is to get started with a trouble ticket.

Anybody, HOW DO I LOG A TROUBLE TICKET???
  • phil1579
    Apprentice Seeker
    the key issue seems to be that for some reason the tomtom camper is unaware that I have lifetime updates so it wants to sell me a subscription at £3/mt or whatever it is - what I want is the lifetime updates that I specifically purchased this unit to have work.

I do wonder if the issue is that I also have a start satnav on the same account and that does not have lifetime updates but not really sure how I fix it.

to be frank I have spent hours on this already with the bust wifi issue and massive downloads - I just want to have the pain stop one way or another
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,744
    Hi @phil1579
    Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • phil1579
    Apprentice Seeker
    I finally managed to get chat working and your colleague fixed the issue. I dont quite know how, but after talking to them and then doing yet another poweroff / on cycle the unit is fixed. - I suspect that the issue is all related to the fact that it took 6-8 weeks to get the unit to me and the free subscription had expired.

thanks anyway
  • danilik
    danilik Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    HI,
    I've a tomtom start 60 with lifetime maps, after a software rebuild with mydrive connect, i can't install the maps.
    how can i install the maps again?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,349
    Revered Voyager
    If on your Start 60 you have lifetime updates come back on Monday the moderator @VikramK will look at your account.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,794
    Superuser
    Hi
    @danilik
    Welcome to the site....
    hqxddix4keyj.jpg
    Is your Start 60 a NAV3 or a NAV4 device ???
    What are the 1st 2 characters of the serial number ??? The two letters define the Tomtom Model....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • danilik
    Apprentice Traveler
    @YamFazMan mi device is Start 60 (2013) and the 2 serial chars are VE
    l7zwijkvtvx1.jpg
    xg5cc0fnv4d9.jpg
  • kriskawa
    kriskawa Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    La carte mémoire de mon tomtom ne peut être insérée dans mon nouvel ordinateur.Comment faire une mise à jour?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Insert your SD in the GPS, the Tomtom will ask you to format it and you format it

connect your GPS to Mydrive connect select the map to download the GPS will install the map on the SD if there is insufficient space on the GPS.
  • danilik
    Apprentice Traveler
    danilik wrote: »
    @YamFazMan mi device is Start 60 (2013) and the 2 serial chars are VE
    l7zwijkvtvx1.jpg
    xg5cc0fnv4d9.jpg

nothing??? :/
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @danilik

Do you mean you no longer get Updates or you do but they will not load? Have you got an extra memory card fitted and formatted in the device for maps. If not then the updated map may now be too big to fit on the Internal Memory.

If it is something else could you give some more info on what you are trying to do.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Hi @danilik
    If we look at your image your GPS does not have any more card to install try to follow this faq to reinstall a card. https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900620-Aucune-carte-disponible-MyDrive-Connect-