tomtom carminat live no connection — TomTom Community

tomtom carminat live no connection

bobmalcolmbobmalcolm Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
Apparently I do have 'Live' services enabled, and when I check the connection status I can see that I have 2-5 bars of signal strength. But still it does not connect. I'm reluctant to do a major reset and lose all my personal settings and favourites so .. any ideas, anyone?

Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,981 [Exalted Pioneer]
    To try Complete reset to factory settings, then do not log into your tomtom account on the device.
  • bobmalcolmbobmalcolm Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, Willy875 but, as I said in my original post, I am reluctant to do that since I will lose all my personal settings. For the THIRD time in the one year that I have had the car!

I don't understand it. I know it would be unrealistic to expect a brand new software product to work perfectly but this product is almost 10 years old now. How come TomTom haven't been able to make it work properly? It is clear that I am not alone from so many other questions to the forum.

I've been thinking of getting another old phone, loaded with Co-Pilot, and sticking it over the TomTom screen. But then I wouldn't be able to see the radio or music collection.

But thanks again for your suggestion.

Bob
    Ok, so I took the plunge and made a full reversion to factory settings, losing all my settings, favourites, and so on.

And it is still not working. 'Live Services' is enabled and under 'Connection Status' I see the SIM ID, other device details, and signal strength. But it sits there 'connecting'. Though it doesn't. I'm really quite cross about this. On 3rd December 2020 I paid almost £100 for 3 years 'service'. Where is it?!
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,981 [Exalted Pioneer]
    In my opinion you will need to contact customer service to check your account to see if your subscription is still active
    or come back tomorrow the moderator @VikramK will look at your account.
    Thanks, Willy875. I'd like Vikram to check it out if possible.

Bob
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,866 Moderator
    Hi @bobmalcolm

The SIM card on the Carminat TomTom gets deactivated or disabled when there is no active subscription(LIVE Services) for 3 years.

I reviewed your account and I see the previous subscription ended 2017. More info on our support article

You can contact our customer service to confirm the SIM status.

Thanks, Vikram
    Thank you, Vikram. I will contact customer services but it is very odd. I was in touch with them in July this year when I couldn't get LIVE Services to work. It was on their advice that I did my first factory reset. Since then it has worked fine. And, as I said, I paid for a 3-year subscription last December (Order #410667756 ). Also, under 'System Information' TomTom Home shows LIVE Services among my devices capabilities.

Very odd. From what you say it looks like my account information was not updated properly. I'll try Customer Services next.

Thanks again, Bob