Missing features and some problems tomtom go premium

mohanad
mohanad Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello

First of all I used to use Garmin drive smart until I switched to tomtom.

When searching for supermarkets, it is very difficult there is no category for it as it was in Garmin. I have to know the name of the supermarket to search for it. for example: when I am in Austria and I want to know the nearest supermarket how? Also the software dos not feel smooth some time and there are some lags. Garmin was better in term of POI Searching.

I also would love to support Arabic language in the interface and the keyboard
Tagged:

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mohanad

If you have not done so already first of all I would recommend that you go to Settings/System and select the Search Mode as Quick Search which I find is much better than Step By Step.

Then Tap Menu/Tap Search and input Supermarket. You will now see just below where you have typed 2 columns and the Right one says Shop (Supermarket). If you Tap Shop (Supermarkets) then you will get a list of Small and Major Supermarket stores radiating from where you are. You can when in Search Tap the World top right you can change the search to Near you, in a town or city or near a Long/Lat site. When you get a list of shops in the right column then Tap the .Blue Keyboard Icon then the 2 Ballons Icon you can see where the Shops are on the map.
    Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mohanad

If you have not done so already first of all I would recommend that you go to Settings/System and select the Search Mode as Quick Search which I find is much better than Step By Step.

Then Tap Menu/Tap Search and input Supermarket. You will now see just below where you have typed 2 columns and the Right one says Shop (Supermarket). If you Tap Shop (Supermarkets) then you will get a list of Small and Major Supermarket stores radiating from where you are. You can when in Search Tap the World top right you can change the search to Near you, in a town or city or near a Long/Lat site. When you get a list of shops in the right column then Tap the .Blue Keyboard Icon then the 2 Ballons Icon you can see where the Shops are on the map.
    Doug
  • mohanad
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you,

I will tray and see how it works.
  • mohanad
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited November 2021
    Hi @DougLap

That did not work.

I changed the search to quick search then go to search and type ( supermarket) it show me in the left column shop and under it ( Supermarket) when I click on it it shows me all shops nearby .

Any help pleas
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @mohand

The list should not be just of shops of any type but as I suggested small and large Supermarkets. Ie from the small local convenience store to a large supermarket.

Doug
  • mohanad
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @DougLap
    I want it to show only supermarkets

what I am missing ?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @mohanad

Try typing Hypermarket. This may eliminate some of the smaller ones for you.

Doug.
  • mohanad
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @DougLap
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @mohanad

Try typing Hypermarket. This may eliminate some of the smaller ones for you.

Doug.

the problem is it shows all type of shops nearby.

I just want the supermarkets to be appear in the search.

for example: when I go to France and search for shops, How i know if it is supermarket or not. i don't know the names of supermarkets in France
  • mohanad
    Apprentice Traveler
    YamFazMan wrote: »

Thank you, but I don't a category for supermarkets. the supermarkets listed under shops
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @mohanad

I have raised this with TT. The GO Premium and similar devices seem to have the issue but the GO Discover and the App I have seem to focus the results more on small and large Supermarket.

Doug
  • mohanad
    Apprentice Traveler
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @mohanad

I have raised this with TT. The GO Premium and similar devices seem to have the issue but the GO Discover and the App I have seem to focus the results more on small and large Supermarket.

Doug

Thanks