Voice guidance in Tom Tom Go mobile Satnav app running Android 11 not working?

Questy33
Questy33 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
I have no voice guidance in either the Tom Tom Go & Tom Tom Amigo mobile Satnav apps. Maps etc all run OK, but no voice guidance at all via the car speakers or the app on the phone when in the car. Phone is being picked up via Bluetooth to the vehicle & accepts hands free calls etc. Just will not work with these 2 apps? .

Comments

• MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 573
    Revered Pioneer
    What computer voice is activated?
  • Questy33
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have tried setting the Audio output in the app to the following with no success:-
    Music Channel, System Channel, Notification Channel & now currently set to Voice Call Channel, which I will try out tomorrow. Thanks very much for taking the time to reply, very much appreciated.
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 573
    Revered Pioneer
    Try to change the App's voice to comptervoice named Malcolm or Serena.
  • Questy33
    Apprentice Traveler
    Currently running with the Serena voice, all OK when out of the car, but still not communicating instruction when Bluetoothed in the car? I have a Motorola G60S running Android 11. Another app I have ( not a Satnav app) runs OK & the voice can be heard over the car speakers. It just seems to affect Satnav applications. Going to try Waze tomorrow & see what happens. Definitely no joy with Tom Tom applications ( my subscription runs out (Sept 2022)
  • DreamweaverII
    DreamweaverII Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Explorer
    I had exactly the same problem with my Samsung A20 connected to the car audio over Bluetooth.
    I installed the TomTom Go App for Android and it worked perfectly but no voice instructions at all. I tried all the “channels” such as Music Channel, System Channel, Notification Channel & Voice Call Channel. The real problem is that my Bluetooth phone connection had commandeered the speaker channel in the car and there is no way to overcome that. In the end I purchased a second mobile phone just to run the TomTom Go App. Now it works just fine and I can hear the voice instructions clearly from the speaker in the second phone, leaving my main phone to handle phone calls over the audio system in the car.