Device says (free) speed camera data has expired

drm008
drm008 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My GO 5100 came with free lifetime speed camera updates, but the device is now saying that speed camera data has expired and I need to pay for a subscription. How do I get my free speed camera data back?

Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    Answer ✓
    Hi @drm008
    Welcome to the community! The speed cameras update are active for the lifetime of the device. We release speed camera updates twice every week- Tuesday and Thursday.
    Were there any updates offered this week? You can check what updates are offered under the 'My Content' tab in MyDrive Connect.

Regarding the renewal message, I am not sure why that was showed. Could you report this to our customer service team?

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    Hi
    @drm008
    Welcome to the site...
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    Answer ✓
    Hi @drm008
    Welcome to the community! The speed cameras update are active for the lifetime of the device. We release speed camera updates twice every week- Tuesday and Thursday.
    Were there any updates offered this week? You can check what updates are offered under the 'My Content' tab in MyDrive Connect.

Regarding the renewal message, I am not sure why that was showed. Could you report this to our customer service team?

Thanks, Vikram
  • drm008
    drm008 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Thanks, I updated the device, and it seems to be OK now.

I still think something went wrong, as the device definitely told me that the subscription had expired, and suggested that I'd need to pay to get further updates, which is clearly not the case.

Anyway I'm happy now, and if I see this again I'll go straight to customer support.