world maps for the RIDER 50

Rcanas
Rcanas Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited November 2021 in Map purchase & installation
I have a Ridder 50 that came with a motorcycle I bought in Germany and it has a map of central Europe with lifetime updates.

Will it be possible to buy a world map with lifetime updates without monthly or annual fees?

Or at worst a world map with no updates?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Portuguese)

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @Rcanas

Put the first 2 letters of your units serial number I'm the following to check compatibility.

https://www.tomtom.com/pt_pt/drive/maps-services/shop/travel-map/map-of-the-world/

Doug
  • Rcanas
    New Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Rcanas

Put the first 2 letters of your units serial number I'm the following to check compatibility.

https://www.tomtom.com/pt_pt/drive/maps-services/shop/travel-map/map-of-the-world/

Doug

KG
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    The rider 50 serial number RG is compatible with the purchase of the world map.

Hi
    For the moderator @VikramK I think there is an error on the price of the update?
    6h8fpgbsl8lt.jpg
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    Willy875 wrote: »
    For the moderator @VikramK I think there is an error on the price of the update?

Thanks Willy :) I have raised an internal ticket to correct the price and also the map version.

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    Hi @Willy875
    Just got an update from the team. It's a business decision to keep the yearly subscription cheaper than a single map download, so the prices on the webshop are displayed correctly.

Thanks, Vikram.
  • Rcanas
    New Seeker
    edited November 2021
    in short, when choosing the download of the world map in the following link can you explain what is the difference between the two options?

As I understand when choosing the annual subscription, I will pay €49.95 every year and I have 4 updates per year, right?

And on the other option of €134.95 how does it work?

I only have a map of central europe, to install the world map i should uninstall the map i have right and install the world map right? but i would miss the lifetime updates i have of the central europe map!!!

Mod edit: Machine translated (Portuguese)
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    It can be understood that for 49.95 € you download over 12 months 4 card updates one per quarter is for 134.95 € you can only download one card.