My go expert doesn’t connect with MyDrive app

Bevangarner
Bevangarner Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
Hi I’ve just recently purchased a go expert. It’s connected to my wifi and my phone via Bluetooth but when I try to connect the MyDrive app on my iPhone I can’t get it to connect to the go expert! Any suggestions

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @Bevangarner

When you say you are trying to connect the My Drive App are you trying to do this as part of the Bluetooth pairing process?

Have you logged into the My Drive account on the GO Expert.

Try a soft reset on the device

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

Doug
  • Bevangarner
    New Seeker
    Thanks for the reply. On the go expert itself it lists my iPhone as connected but when I launch the MyDrive app on my phone it isn’t connected to my go expert so can’t send it routes etc and it doesn’t complete the pairing process. Also does the go expert allow calls and messages to appear?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Bevangarner

The GO Expert does not work as a handsfree device nor does it handle messages. When you pair the GO Expert to your iPhones Bluetooth you need to have the iPhones Personal Hotspots Option ON in the iPhones settings.. You must also have the Hotspot turned on whenever you have the GO Expert on and it is connecting to the iPhones Bluetooth.

If you have not had the Personal Hotspot option turned On when pairing then delete the Bluetooth connections from the device and the phone and then Re pair it. You will never be asked for the Personal Hotspots Password neither will it appear on the GO Expert as linked to the Hotspot in Wifi.

Doug
  • Bevangarner
    New Seeker
    The go expert pairs fine with my phone and allows me to have live traffic etc and shows on screen that my phone is connected. The problem I have is with the MyDrive app on my iPhone. No matter what I try I can’t get that to connect with my go expert to then allow me to send routes from my phone to the go expert etc. Having a quick look online it seems it’s May be something to do with Apple and Tomtom not being able to work together since a new Apple update
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Bevangarner

When you create a route in the My Drive App and select to save it to My Routes do you also select the option to Sync Tracks to my devices.

If you open My Drive App then select Plan a Route then with Current Location in the first box if you input a destination in the second box then Tap Send Destination does that appear on the Go Expert.

Doug