Rider 550 deviates from track.

picaro
picaro Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Seeker
Today we tried to follow a complete legal track. All public roads, open to cars and motorcycles.
The track is shown correctly in MyDrive, but deviates 13 times, in a 85 km track, when using a Rider 550. All limitations were set to 'off'.
We just followed the directions and as given by the Rider. Once we were forced to drive unpaved, and once we had to go on a not public road.
How can it be that TT deviates so much?

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @picaro

Is the Track listed in My Routes with a Solid or Broken Shaft ie made of dashes?

Doug
  • picaro
    Apprentice Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @picaro

Is the Track listed in My Routes with a Solid or Broken Shaft ie made of dashes?

Doug

It's a solid line in MyDrive (My Routes). I always do this check to see if there any roadblocks/deviations on the route.
    After it was uploaded onto the Rider I noticed some deviation. We started riding and logged our complete route. In the end it deviated on 13 sports.
    I rode this route before, following a Garmin motorcycle, we only drove on public roads, open to cars and motorcylcles.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @Picanto

Assuming the Rider units work the same as the car devices Tracks appear in the My Routes file on the unit with a broken shafted arrow are .gps files and these routes should be religiously followed with no involvement with Traffic issues.

Routes listed in the My Routes list with a Solid shaft to the arrow are .itn files, which were probably created on the Rider and these routes are not fixed but will review the traffic conditions etc and re plot the route if there is a quicker route and consider Traffic whilst being used.

Doug
  • picaro
    Apprentice Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Picanto

Assuming the Rider units work the same as the car devices Tracks appear in the My Routes file on the unit with a broken shafted arrow are .gps files and these routes should be religiously followed with no involvement with Traffic issues.

Routes listed in the My Routes list with a Solid shaft to the arrow are .itn files, which were probably created on the Rider and these routes are not fixed but will review the traffic conditions etc and re plot the route if there is a quicker route and consider Traffic whilst being used.

Doug

Hi Doug,
    I was a bit confused. Thought that you mentioned on the website My Drive....
    On the device, in My Routes, the routes are listed as a 'track' (with the broken shafted arrow).
    So the intention was to follow a track. I know that TT sometimes refuses to let you drive on a forbidden road and as such the final route maybe different. But in this case the entire original track was open for traffic.

Robert (picaro)