Why are Streets Missing in one TomTom map but appear in another?

Marglhicks
Marglhicks Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
I recently purchased a Subaru Outback which uses an in-dash navigation system powered by TomTom. When searching for a destination in FL the streets do not appear. However, when checking in Apple Maps these streets appear (also powered by TomTom, I believe?). I have used the map update software to ensure I am using the latest map pack. What am I missing, why do these streets appear in one version of TomTom and not in another? Subaru points me to Harmon (Nav head unit manufacturer) but I have not achieved any resolution following that support path.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Marg

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,744
    Hi @Marglhicks
    Welcome to the community! It depends on what map version as offered as the latest by your car dealer, depending on device compatibility.

Map v10.75 is the latest for devices that are marketed and sold by TomTom (webshop and retail outlets)

If the street you are looking for is already updated in MapShare or the online route planner MyDrive web then probably the update should get rolled out for your model in the upcoming versions.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Marglhicks
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello VikramK,

Thanks so much for your reply.

The streets do not appear in either of the Mapshare or Mydrive web app’s.

The version of the full map package in the cars Nav system is 17080 so this must be a file name unique to Subaru/Harmon. The full map package has never been updated by the looks of it. However, individual States have been. The State of Florida has the latest version installed but uses a date code for reference versus a file number, the installed version is dated (16/08/21).

Is the map information used by the Nav system in my car and that used by Apple Maps using different source files? I thought that because both look to use TomTom data I should be able to get the streets in my car? Perhaps my assumption is not correct?

I was really hoping to use the Nav system in my car but may have to resort to other means as I will need to navigate to these locations in January.

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it greatly.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited November 2021
    @Marglhicks

Hope you are having a great day

Just wondering if Bing maps show those streets?

Also to let you know that Apple does use TomTom maps as a base, though they don't use everything from TomTom like trails or other things.

They do add in POI's, other details with their sources and also they also do update on the maps with the cars they drive around.

So, if it is not showing in Bing maps or TomTom MyDrive, then it's a map issue, please report in map share.

thanks and have a great day!

• Marglhicks
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello Shawnloveshorses_161,

Thanks for taking time to reply, yes the streets do appear in Bing Maps.

Marg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    HI @Marglhicks,

Sorry for the late reply, can you check if the roads are here now at https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_ca/#mode=viewport+viewport=54.4641,-3.23499,4.67,0,-0+ver=3.

Thanks

Shawn