[feature request] [TT GO Discover 7"] bluetooth connectivity status on navigation screen

Jutuiz
Jutuiz Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Traveler
edited November 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
This seems to me a no-brainer. My Android Phone has bluetooth tethering always on. So my TT Go Discover has like always and fully automatically a data connection. This is just great, because it is a "set-it-and-forget-it" feature, and it works flawlessly. But.... there is a but.

If my phone has been restarted, and this doesn't happen a lot, but e.g. when the battery has drained, it does., then I have to think at manually restarting the bluetooth tethering again. The point is, I start navigation without being aware there is no traffic info coming in. So it happened on more than one occasions I ended up in a traffic jam. Only after checking my phone, I noticed TT Go Discover didn't had a data connection active, and I was not aware, because the TT Go Discover doesn't let me know.

So here is my question: it would be very handsome to have the bluetooth and data icon on the navigation screen visible all the time, and/or a notification system if a data-connection is not active.

PS I know I can check the bluetooth connectivity in the settings screens, but this is not the idea. I'm using my TT Go Discover almost 100% on voice control, so I don't tap on the screen, especially when I'm driving.

PPS By the way... am I missing something, but I've searched for an offcial feature request system of Tom Tom, or an official feedback system. Only...it doesn't seems to be here... ? This is kind of weird.

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 284
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Jutuiz
    You can also write this as feedback to customer care.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    That feature already exists. If you don't have connectivity you will see a crossed out traffic icon in your route bar, similar to this.
    x8yuxpqn6772.png
  • Jutuiz
    Apprentice Traveler
    Just checked. Imho don't have this icon. There are only 3 dots in the lower part of the route bar.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Jutuiz

If you go out of Wifi range so you are not connected too it and also turn Bluetooth Off in the Phones settings then when you turn the GO Discover On and set a route then the icon should appear at the top of the Route Bar under the Time/Distance data. If you have the Route Bar on Auto Hide then it should still appear in the same place under the Time/Distance box top right.

If it appears then whilst still out of range of the Wifi turn On Bluetooth etc on the Phone and when it has connected the Icon should disappear within a minute or so when the units had chance to talk to the TT servers..

Doug
  • Jutuiz
    Apprentice Traveler
    You are right. This is solved. Thx!
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Jutuiz

👍

Just to add when your unit is connected to Wifi then that takes priority and was why the icon was not showing.

Doug